QUESTION: FRENCH-FILIPINO CIVIL MARRIAGE REQS 2019

Good day!

Me and my French boyfriend are planning to get married here in the Philippines on November. Upon checking almost all of the forums from expat.com and from other sites and blogs, I am quite confused on what the process are.

We already have an appointment at the French Embassy on August 28 for our interview in order to obtain the Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry.

I was informed to bring the following:
1. PSA Birth Certificate
2. 2 Valid IDs
3. CENOMAR

Should my birth certificate be authenticated at the DFA first before we go to the Embassy? Some blogs/forums say that it should be authenticated but some say no.

Should my CENOMAR be authenticated too at DFA before going to the Embassy?

Unfortunately, my fiancé is going back to France on Aug 30 or on the first week of September. I read that we should attend a seminar at CFO and obtain a certificate for attending this.

Is the CFO certificate required during our appointment at the Embassy? Should this be authenticated too at DFA? I read some forums/blogs that the Embassy require it and some forums/blogs says they don't. So it is quite confusing.

I hope someone would be kind enough to share the process/their experiences/walk-through when it comes to preparing for marriage. It would be nice too if the process that would be shared happened recently. I read some forums here that was last 2017, i'm not really sure if the process is still the same.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences! Merci beaucoup!

Bonjour,

You should check the French Embassy website
https://ph.ambafrance.org/Mariage

There are the lists of documents required for your boyfriend and you that you will give during the interview. Yes, your birth certificate should be authenticated by DFA when you give it at the interview. And yes also,  your CENOMAR should be authenticated before the interview.

On the CFO seminar, it is different. The CFO seminar is only for the Filipina and only if you are going to France (for example) to be with your husband to be (meaning it is not a trip for work or tourism).

The seminar for you both is for the church and it is only at the end of the process. You don't need it yet. Your priority is to authenticate the 2 main documents !

Bonjour Geolefrench!

I appreciate your helpful response! At least I still have a week to authenticate both my birth certificate and CENOMAR before the appointment.

May I also ask if there are chances of rejection when we apply for the Certificate of Legal Capacity? I read some questions on another forum but no answer was given.

For the CFO, could it be done after we get the Certificate from the Embassy? We both planned to live in France after we get married.

Thank you again for your response!

For the CFO you do it before leaving. So marrý first and then 1 or 2 weeks before leaving you do the seminar

No rejection normally except if during the 2 weeks period somebody in the PH or France will oppose your wedding. If nobody object, you wilk receive the certicate

Merci beaucoup Geolefrench! So much helpful information 🤗

Hi Angeli, Can I ask how long did you wait to receive the legal capacity to marry? will it take months to receive it or only weeks? Thank you

Hi!

Our interview will be on January 2020. But I asked some of the people I met here who already had their interview, it will take a maximum of 3 months before they release the Legal Capacity to Marry. They will inform you through email.

Thanks!

Kaye