The housing rental market in Cebu

I wonder how many of us live or have some a connection to Cebu re renting a house. I see fair amount of expats around but dont really have a handle on the rental market.
The current boom has been going on in Cebu for several years and there a lot of construction and I am not all together sure of the reason for this extended boom.
Through friends in Manila I have been  that the rental market is short of houses or Apartments and so rates have risen.
So the question is what would you expect to pay for say a  4 bedroom house in a good area not too far from the CBD and close to amenities ?

thewoodenpotter wrote:

I wonder how many of us live or have some a connection to Cebu re renting a house. I see fair amount of expats around but dont really have a handle on the rental market.
The current boom has been going on in Cebu for several years and there a lot of construction and I am not all together sure of the reason for this extended boom.
Through friends in Manila I have been  that the rental market is short of houses or Apartments and so rates have risen.
So the question is what would you expect to pay for say a  4 bedroom house in a good area not too far from the CBD and close to amenities ?

A tall question my friend. Luck/research wins the day, haggling secures the balance, though never going to Cebu can only relate to Manila, Whilst too much construction in Manila appears to be supplying a need, Cebu will be the same, growth and need. At the end of the day we secured an 85M2 apartment  in, suited our needs, San Lazero, Sta Cruz 6/7 years ago for 25K per month 2 bed 2 bath, maids quarters with bath so really 3 bed 3 bath though I would not entertain the third option,,,,,,,,,, small/tight and off the kitchen, balcony and laundry beside. Close? How far is close? For us 20 to 30 mins in a taxi  to Makati was fine, others not. Research.

Cheers, Steve.

https://cebu.locanto.ph/Houses-for-Rent/307/

I'm renting a brand new 2 bedroom house in a very secure compound on Mactan for 14k a month.  There are several units still available and brand new,  it is walking distance to Mactan Newtown and easy Jeepie  to malls and Cebu.

For a four bedroom near Business District I would say 25-35k....too rich for me ha ha.  I much prefer the Island anyways.

40-60K in Lahug or near Ayala. Small house with 4 bedrooms in older subdivision is at the lower end of that, something nicer and newer at the high end. A 3 bdrm condo in my complex with city and mountain views would be 60K.

It is quite a bit less on Mactan because it's so difficult now to get into the city with the traffic. Rates have gone up despite all the new condos which are usually very small.. Demand is global - Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, Aussies, Americans, etc.

Yes if you need to be in Cebu City then you are forced to pay market price in the desirable neighborhoods.  I don't...so I time my trips to the malls using a v Hire...usually 30-40 minutes in off peak traffic.  Every other month I will book a nice Hotel right at Ayala for 2k for a few nights and get my city fill that way.  Lately I've been finding that I get pretty much all my creature comforts right here on the Island and I would rather save for a trip to somewhere else completely,

That's a smart way to do it. Unfortunately the good schools are in Cebu and I have two kids in private school and my GF in university. I also do like to eat out a couple times a week and we have some world class restaurants here so it's not all bad. .

Thanks for the info it is what I expected, . I have a large house in Consolacion and have been thinking of what I could rent it for. Its probaly too far off the beaten track for airbnb. Spent a few weeks there looking around and will probably have a real estate broker look it over shortly  for their comments on market conditions