Should I Retire to Cebu City?

I have been living in Thailand for 12 years now and I have decided to try pastures anew.
I am a divorced man in my seventies but am told I look much younger - flatterers all of them!
I am arriving in the Philippines on 12 Sep, but have not got a clue where to go and I thought I might give Cebu City a try.
I would like to find a female partner and wondered if that would be possible in Cebu?
The problem I think is that wherever you go particularly in Asia, money is always at the forefront of the ladies, which I suppose is understandable as they are merely trying to survive.
Are there condos available for rent?  I have a budget of about 30 -35,000 peso.  Would that find me a decent apartment?
Is there a social scene where I could meet possible female partners?

I look forward to hearing from the seasoned expats in Cebu City as to their opinion.

Many thanks

Did you get a reply. I am also looking into moving to Philippines but don't have a clue as to where

I lived in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Bangkok. Pattaya and also all  over China. I've relocated to Ormoc on Leyte Island in the last few months because I met a lady from here online back in September. I couldn't be happier. Some meet the wrong gal, some have different experiences, but I think the culture, people, women and Gov here are way better for me than Thailand and especially China. I am American. I have an American friend that feels the same.  He has a gf in Cebu and he will soon relocate to Cebu as well. Your finances will be a bit tight, I think. Perhaps  others can help with advice about that.

danzb :

Did you get a reply. I am also looking into moving to Philippines but don't have a clue as to where

Have you ever been to the Philippines?  What is your monthly income and source of income? Why the Philippines?

Nostidamus :

I have been living in Thailand for 12 years now and I have decided to try pastures anew.
I am a divorced man in my seventies but am told I look much younger - flatterers all of them!
I am arriving in the Philippines on 12 Sep, but have not got a clue where to go and I thought I might give Cebu City a try.
I would like to find a female partner and wondered if that would be possible in Cebu?
The problem I think is that wherever you go particularly in Asia, money is always at the forefront of the ladies, which I suppose is understandable as they are merely trying to survive.
Are there condos available for rent?  I have a budget of about 30 -35,000 peso.  Would that find me a decent apartment?
Is there a social scene where I could meet possible female partners?

I look forward to hearing from the seasoned expats in Cebu City as to their opinion.

Many thanks

Should be able to get a place for that rent.  Did you make it to Cebu?

Yes you can get a nice 1 bdrm condo for that. Look on Lamudi.com.

No, I have never been to Philippines. Last year I visited Chiang Mai and I really liked the place. What factors made me think of this place as ideal are follows:
Wonderful weather [except for the time of the crop burning]
Excellent Health care
Lots to do

What are been my motivation to look into Philippines recently:
Can get along with English and not have to learn a different language.
Cebu, even though I do not have any medical condition, it would be best where there are good hospitals and healthcare
Most important, make friends and find a partner

mugtech :
danzb :

Have you ever been to the Philippines?  What is your monthly income and source of income? Why the Philippines?

Monthly income will be $2000. Retirement funds

danzb :
mugtech :
danzb :

Monthly income will be $2000. Retirement funds

That should be plenty to live a Good life anywhere in the Philippines.  General idea is to find a place you would like to live and rent for at least a year before making any commitment to buy anything.  What places have you considered?