New to Expat.com

Hi, my name is Wendy.  I am a Vietnamese Overseas from the US.  I have been living and working in Ho Chi MInh City for over 20 years since returning to Vietnam when my family invested back in the early 90's.  I have been a Personal Assistant to the Owner of a US Architecture firm for over 12 years now, but now the company is relocating to Japan.  I have also worked as a Duty Manager at the Sheraton Saigon back in 2003.

I would like to see assistance from fellow Expats to see if there are new challenging opportunities and environments as a Personal Assistant.  I am both Native/Fluent in Vietnames and English.

I am more than happy to come out and meet fellow Expats whenever possible.  Thank you in advance!

Hello Wendy... Welcome to the group!

I was wondering if during your time with the architectural firm you learned some of the skills of construction project management.  This is an area where women can do quite well in the US as they often have better organizational skills than men.  It has been proven by psychologist that women can truly multi-task in a way that most men can not.  Maybe it is time to set your sights higher.  Your bilingual skills should make you a potential bridge between foreign investors and contractors.  I expect you will find something soon.  Aim high.

"women can truly multi-task in a way that most men can not.  Maybe it is time to set your sights higher.  Your bilingual skills should make you a potential bridge between foreign investors and contractors.  I expect you will find something soon.  Aim high"

Correct!   The glass ceiling is broken.   ..like many patriarchal minds...      :blink: