Networking in HCMC

Hello everybody,
i'm looking for people to show me around HCMC and give me advice where to eat and shop.
Thanks

It would be better if you become a bit more active on the forum, get to know people, go to the Meet Up that the Moderation team set up periodically -- in short, become part of the expat community before asking people to take time out of their busy days to help you with that chore.  Yes, it is a chore, for Saigon has tens of thousand places to eat and hundreds of places to shop, and just to show someone around the city would take a few days, not something most people would jump up to do for an absolute stranger whose one-sentence first post is to ask for a free service.

If making friends or becoming a good acquaintance is not in your list of things to do, then you can sign up for the many professional tours on the Internet.

If you don't want to have any connection with forum members, nor do you want to pay for the tours with the professionals, you can do a search for "Saigon Free Walking/Scooter Tour" which is ran by a tourism management university.  The guides are students who use the 4-hour tour to practice their English and earn credits for their courses.

nikolabb wrote:

Hello everybody,
i'm looking for people to show me around HCMC and give me advice where to eat and shop.
Thanks

Sign me up! I love meeting strangers and spending my time showing them around HCMC. How about Sunday at 12:00 noon when the UV is at its highest point?

CoderX10 wrote:
nikolabb wrote:

Hello everybody,
Thanks

Sign me up! I love meeting strangers and spending my time showing them around HCMC. How about Sunday at 12:00 noon when the UV is at its highest point?

Do you supply ninja wear to combat the sun.

colinoscapee wrote:
CoderX10 wrote:
nikolabb wrote:

Hello everybody,
Thanks

Do you supply ninja wear to combat the sun.

I'm already supplying my time! He would need to buy ninja wear himself. No worries, I can show him where to buy it on our city tour, there's plenty of shops in town :)