American Family Moving to Cyprus

How difficult would it be to stay in Cyprus a few years possibly forever but to start around 1-2 years? We want to rent and not but if possible a detached house or villa doesn't really matter where we can drive would like to be close to water though and have 2-3 bedrooms and 1-2 bathrooms and possibly a pool near sea or at least 20 minutes max away from sea. We will have our child with us Whois currently 5 months old this love would happen in the next 3-4 years and we will be renting our homes here in USA our to live in Cyprus and raise our daughter there. What all do we need to do as Americans to move for a while and indefinitely possibly and is it possible to find a place that will let us rent this way? Thanks!!

Everything is possible... i would suggest you visit first for a few weeks to be sure its what you think it is.. research the areas explore a bit  then try and meet a few people who have done a similar trip..

Renting is easy short term or long lets ...plenty of rentals available depending on season your requirements and budget

Thank you for your reply!! I went last May 2018 spent a few weeks going back in November I loved it what will the weather be like in November staying 4th-19th
I love how friendly everyone is and the food and weather is amazing prices are affordable as opposed to Nashville in USA, family values are good there too

In November weather can be and usually is very nice but much cooler at night..
we have American and a Canadian friend and they love it here too...   

be aware though that like now July and August the heat is a serious issue for many.... and those who find it difficult either head for the hills where its cooler or leave the island for two months... lol

we on the other hand have our own pool and spend most of the summer days in and around it ... the sea is only 5 mins away

Thank you! We will have around 800-900€ for rent and just want to find a nice detached villa or house with a pool furnished if possible ... I am not sure what we have to have to move there visa? I don't know how long and what we have to go through to find out do you?

you may struggle with that level of budget for what you are looking for as rents have risen dramatically there are few villas in that price band and those that are get snapped up pretty quickly  - now its more like €1100 to €1500 per month... you may need to look further inland...

Yes you will need to apply to get visa and then to stay beyond 90 days you will need to apply for a temporary residence certificate (Alien Registration Certificate) and renew them annually.... for which you will need to show valid passports, birth & marriage certs, proof of comprehensive healthcare cover, sufficient support income to support the whole family (are you intending to work or not?) and not be a financial burden on the RoC and a rental lease to prove address...... plus a fee of €20 per person...

You would simply go to the immigration dept for your chosen location with all your passports and get an appointment - they will then give you a ticked list if what you need to provide - then present these documents at your appointment interview (thius may 6-12  weeks later) - all being well and as long as all required documents are ok then you should be in and out in under 30 minutes and walk away with your ARC ....

Thank you so very much! Yes if possible my husband owns a landscaping business not sure how hard it is to work there as we do not speak Greek or Turkish? But wouldn't mind working he will have money as he will be retired husband is 62 now... here is a link the homes I have looked at is this dependable you think? Again thank you! https://www.onlinecyprus.com/lovely-bun … 21450.html

So you are likely to need a work permit too then...

yes its reliable as ive seen this advertised just recently - it will be cooler in summer but much colder in winter...

Wonderful thank you! You're an amazing wealth of kind knowledge!

i wouldnt say that but thank you - i can only pass on the experiences i have had here