Moving to Alicante

Hello, my name is Julien. Nice to join you all on here. I am moving to Alicante in September.
I am looking for information on a couple of things.
Could anyone tell me where the office is in Alicante to get an appointment for my NIE number? I have the relevant paperwork ready.
I am also a keen sportsperson and will be looking to join a local football, Gaelic football or rugby club in Alicante if anyone has any information on this?

As my girlfriend is from Thailand and a great cook, our long term goal is to set up a small Thai street food business but we will both be looking to get jobs whilst setting this up as it will take some time.

Thanks for reading and thanks for any help in advance.

Julien and Mal

If you come to Spain with the intention of living here then you need to apply for EU Citizen Registration.  You do not need to apply separately for an NIE.   If you already have a number then that will appear on your registration certificate

With just a couple of exceptions you can only apply for an appointment online

This might help :-

TO MAKE AN m WITH THE POLICE FOR  NIE,  E.U. Citizen registration, etc.

As you go through you will find links to the application forms and the payment, at any bank, form

.•            GO TO   https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/

•             PROVINCES AVAILABLE:       CHOOSE the province where your are living/ staying

•             SECTIONS AVAILABLE IN PROVINCE:          OPEN PAGE AND SELECT SECTION  REQUIRED

e.g.    “policía  certificado de residente o no residente”  (that includes NIE application)

•             ENTER THE DETAILS OF APPLICANT. if you have an NIE show that, if not then show your passport number

•            CHOOSE NATIONAL POLICE STATION FOR APPOINTMENT:      The one that covers the area where you are living - staying

•             CHOOSE APPOINTMENT,  AND THEN CONFIRM

•             You must PRINT A COPY OF THE APPOINTMENT,   And take it with you to the police station

You can find info here in english about completing the EX15 bit the EX 18 very similar

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados … 0GUIDE.pdf

Thank you for your help Johncar.
I will have a look at the link and go through the necessary process.

Thanks again, have a good day.

Hi and welcome Julien :)

Just one thing I noticed you are English, I would keep an eye on the news regarding Brexit because that might change a lot of things for you.

Julien McCabe wrote:

Thank you for your help Johncar.
I will have a look at the link and go through the necessary process.

Thanks again, have a good day.

Hello Julien, 
Is it Alicante City you would like to live in?  If so you should love the place. .
Gaelic football I doubt as it's a very Spanish city  yet...  Would be terrific. 
Perhaps some of the towns in the region may have.   
But soccer yes,  own club, stadium etc.
We know of one nice Thai food restaurant.   There are at least 2,000 restaurants listed as being in Alicante.   
There is another forum which has an amazing amount of helpful information regarding getting paperwork, medical insurance, housing,  etc if you intend to become a resident/citizen here.
It's called Costablancaforum.   Warning..... Some of the people on that forum give advice in a VERY point blank way.   Do not let them turn off your dreams.
Nonetheless,  some of the people have done tons of research into various aspects of living in Spain.
They've posted guides to getting/setting up anything!!

Good Luck 🍀👍

Welcome to Alicante Julien,

I am a Thai myself and I also have a British citizenship.
You said you are here with your Thai girlfriend, I am wondering how you can bring your Thai girlfriend to live here with you if you were not married? Does she have a British passport? Did she not need a visa to come to Spain? Or, you have a plan to get married in Spain before her Schengen visa runs out?

I am living in San Juan de Alicante.

Do feel free to contact me any time.

Cheers,

Morning Maryfen, yes initially we will moving to Alicante town as we have friends who also live there.
I am in the process of applying for an appointment online for my NIE number at the moment but is proving to be a bit of a challenge ha......
Our plan is to get some kind of work whilst looking around at the most suitable place to look at setting up a small Thai street food business!
Thanks for the advice on the sports/forums etc
I have managed to source out the local rugby club and u never know I may be able to get a few folk keen to give the Gaelic a go?
Thanks again 🇪🇸🇮🇪☘️

Hi there.

We got ours after several attempts. Make sure you have your Padron, Passport, Recently stamped in-branch bank statement with at least Euro 10,000 each if not married (if married - marriage certificate) recent passport size photographs and everything photocopied twice, apart from photographs.

Go to Government Office, Calle Campo de Mirra 6, Alicante.

Good luck, you will need it.

Alex.

Sorry. I initially though you meant your green card residency card.

Apologies,

Alex.