Pre-Kindergarten in Paramaribo

Hello!

The moving date to Paramaribo is getting closer now and real, and i'm now starting to look for a place of education for my daughter.
She is 1.5 years old and ideally i would like her to be in a place where the program is in Dutch (i seen that a few places offer kindergarten in English) but it is much more important that it will be a good place where she could feel safe and can develop in her new surrounding & country.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Karen

Hello Karen.

I am planning on moving to Paramaribo too. Also traveling with a baby (2years old).

How did it go looking for a school and activities in general?

I hope you are doing well there.

Best regards
Adrián

Hi Adrian,

We still didn't arrived yet to Suriname, only my husband is there at the moment, but i did visited last week and also looked for kindergarten & homes.
I did found 2 places where it looked nice, clean and good in general, all located in or around the city center. we will be living near the city center, but i do know many people are looking or living in the northern side of the city, and if you will be living there driving to the city center will be at least 15-20 minutes drive because traffic is VERY slow (many bumpers, and roads that are not the best for driving faster then 30 KM per hour)
The ones i found are:
Kangaroo- https://kangoeroeschool.com/
And the other one is- wwww.littlemoundsofclay.com

There is a zoo in Paramaribo, but i didn't went there. a place i did visited called Clevia park. it's located in the very northern part of the city, and have kids activities like a train for kids, horse riding, fishing, and every Sunday they have local products & organic vegetables for sale. as well they have food & drinks.
Unfortunately i didn't see too many parks with play grounds around the city that can be nice for an afternoon with your children..

Good luck with the move!
Karen

Dear Karen,

Thank you for the information! It is very useful. Even more, since there is not much online or is in Dutch.

I am sorry if I bomb you with too many questions but... I have many questions and few sources of answers :)

Regarding housing, do you have any suggestions in terms of real state offices of ways to look for one house? I am planning to do an exploratory visit and want to make sure I make the best of it.

On last question,  regarding pets. Do you know if it is hard t import pets? I have a cat that I am not leaving behind.

Regards,

Adrián

Hi.

We have been relocated to Suriname and we are looking for english kindergarten in Paramaribo for our 3years old. Also, looking for contacts of good real state who works with good properites.

is it Ok to live in a non-gated compund?.

Where do you go for shopping?, organic vegetables and variety.

what activities kids can make after school?

Looking for whastapp groups to networking with other expats families with kids or any playgroups for 3 years.

looking forward to hearing back from you all.

thanks

@Karen Goldwasser

Hi Karen, are you still in Suriname? We have been transfered to suriname and we are looking for an english kindergarten for our 3yrs old. What kindergarten did you visit back then? Appreciate any leads.

Thanks

@Newfamilyinsuriname2024

Hello and welcome !

It's been 4 years already since that member last logged in.

If you have any questions, feel free to open a brand new thread on the Suriname forum so that active members can guide you.

All the best

Bhavna