Has anyone got an identification card in the Philippines?

Has anyone got an identification card in the Philippines like the UMID card or the new national id card?
How is the process and the requirements? Thanks.

ACR card is very easy process and takes between one and two weeks depending on where you apply! All you need is your passport and fill out a short application giving your basic info, i.e. address and age and height, etc. But the short process is in conjuction with visa renewal starting 10 days to seven days before your 59 day visa expires! The application process is less then an hour then you come back and pick it up. 1 to 2 weeks!

About for the Philippine UNIFIED Multi-Purpose I.D. or the new starting 2019 national id card? They seem to be the main id´s.

npr321 wrote:

About for the Philippine UNIFIED Multi-Purpose I.D. or the new starting 2019 national id card? They seem to be the main id´s.

It is my understanding these mentioned cards are for Philippine citizens, not expats.

The UMID (Unified Multi-Purpose) card is just for Filipino's.

The new ID system of PSA will be mandatory also for foreigners. The foreigners will have to present their ACR card to PSA. I dont understand why but it is like that (I saw the official text) ! Normally the ACR is an ID by itself..

geolefrench is correct, it applies to both citizens and resident aliens who have been in country for 180+ days.  This covers registration under the Act.  I believe aliens will still need to obtain the ACR-I card after residing in the Philippines for 59+ days though.

I don't know if it has been implemented yet, and the issuance of a PhilID card isn't necessarily going to happen as the Act reads : 

"PhilID – a nontransferable card shall preferably be issued to all citizens or resident aliens registered under the PhilSys subject to the guidelines to be issued by the PSA"

Those words say to me that an actual card isn't mandated to be issued.

What is PSA? Maybe... Philippine ?? Authority?

Philippines Statistics Authority

Thanks! I'll be arriving in less than two months to start grappling with all these issues!

Money.... money that,s important for the Filppines.

Well I suppose that money is important for everybody not only for filipinos ? 😉