Flights

Im moving to Philippines in August.  I am going to buy a 1 way ticket from north Carolina to manila.  And then buy a separate 1 way ticket.  From Manila To Singapore  set for 3 weeks after i come there. I believe this will be ok. Since i am showing a onward ticket? Correct?  Or as it's called a throw away ticket.

Great theory but you won't be able to get a one way ticket to Singapore! So your $200 throw away will be more like $300

I saw 1 way for. $70.00. To Singapore or Thailand.  Have you done this? What is your suggestion.  I was told get a 1 way from states to Manila.  Then a 1 way onward to somewhere else. You just need to show a onward ticket from Philippines.  My understanding

Your understanding is correct you need to be able to show an outbound ticket from the Philippines. You are also correct you can buy a 1 way ticket to Singapore or Bangkok on a number of low cost carriers for USD 100 or under and that would meet the requirement for an outbound ticket.  You will keep needing to buy outbound tickets if you decide to travel around Asia whilst based in Manila.  Are you ever going to go back to the US, once you have moved to the Philippines?  If you are, It may be cheaper in the mid term to buy a return ticket to the US dated a year away (or longer if you can), as quite often a return ticket is not much more than a single.

I have found that one way tickets to the Philippines from the US tend to be as much if not more then a round trip. A round trip ticket would fulfill the onward requirement as well. You can always make the return date far in advance.

Dwsses12 wrote:

Im moving to Philippines in August.  I am going to buy a 1 way ticket from north Carolina to manila.  And then buy a separate 1 way ticket.  From Manila To Singapore  set for 3 weeks after i come there. I believe this will be ok. Since i am showing a onward ticket? Correct?  Or as it's called a throw away ticket.

Sounds good

I plan on staying in the Philippines.  Not traveling anymore. Or any time soon. I am married to a filipina national so i will be going for my 13A visa.  A 1 way ticket is around 700USD right now. A round trip around  1100USD .
And onward 1 way (throw away  ticket) be around 75 USD.  Thank you for your help. Im dave. Will be residing in cavite.

If legally married to a filipina, then on a balikbayan visa you won't need a return or ongoing ticket, and  are good for a year on the initial landing here in the country.

Correct.  But my wife is in the Philippines.  So i would have to go there first. Then both of us to fly to Singapore or somewhere.  Then enter together.  But thank you.