Housing market in San Miguel May 2019

True that

Its not too late to change the architect. There are a lot of them that are very good at their job.

I agree with MikeGB regarding working with an architect. 
That has been my good fortune here in San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas.   I got the architect referral from the local hardware store (ferreteria materiales de los altos), which is where I have been purchasing materials & tools for my "home improvement projects." 
Another suggestion from me would also encourage you to be onsite as best possible, as I was able to make corrections to work, improve appearances of "whatever"(e.g. hiding pipes and wiring rather than have those exposed on the outside of walls), and at the same time build a relationship with the workers (and the architect ). (((helps also improve your spanish))). 
You'll pay a commission on the bill for the architect, and in my case also received the "contractor discount" off the material pricing from de los Altos.
My projects included a sisterna, upgrade to two tinacos, rewiring and installing updated main electrical panel, "instant" on demand hot water heater (got rid of the tanque de agua caliente), and a tanque de gas estacionario.

I totally agree, SMA is a totally different town, compared to exactly one year ago. Properties have been on the market for years, without selling. The Cartels have scared most potential buyers, Mexican and Expats, from purchasing homes in SMA. Also the price level in SMA is extremely high, many people bought property here in the times when prices were even higher than they are now. Those people are having a very hard time recovering their investments as very few potential buyers are willing to invest in this Cartel controlled town.
Businesses are struggling today, everywhere in SMA. Just walk around the Jardín on any given day and night, empty restaurants and high end stores everywhere. The Cartels are extorting business owners in any category of business. This fact coupled with the exodus of Expats and rich Mexicans makes it impossible for business owners to make a profit.
Until real change in the crime situation happens, this town is headed in a downfall direction.
We can only hope that things will change in the future and we should really worry about all the wonderful locals that made it their work to provide services for all the homeowners and tourists that once flourished in this town.

Can I ask where you are located?

Hello all SMA residents, how has the pandemic affected housing pricing/supply in SMA?? is it feeling less overbuilt or more??thanks