Horses around san miguel

We are looking to sell our Midwest property and move to San Miguel. In looking at real estate ads online, the cost is quite prohibitive. We are not looking for a palatial home by any means, but enough pasture land to support our herd of equines and a decent home for the three of us.

Does anyone have suggestions to locate a reasonably priced acreage suitable for horses?

Are there any horse owners out there who might have insight into owning horses in Mexico, specifically San Miguel? What is involved in crossing the border?

I would so sincerely appreciate any advice or suggestions.

Thanks!

If you are still looking for information about horses/property/importing horses in SMA, I can probably help you. I have 3 horses here, know most of the expat horse owners, and imported a horse this summer. Will be nice to have some new folks in the 'hood! I also came from midwest (Chicago).
Best,
Laura

Hi there!

Perhaps by now you have found the ideal place for yourself and your horses. If not, please come by and visit us at Los Senderos - where you can find 300 acres of eco-reserves and groomed trails, horse arenas for dressage, and fantastic boarding facilities. We are currently selling home sites too.

[Moderated: No free advert]
saludos, and welcome to the neighborhood,

Francesca

Hello everyone,
I am a Healing Touch for Animals practitioner, working mostly with equines and canines.  I currently travel back and forth from the states to a small city near Moreles, Mexico.  I am very interested in connecting with the equine community in San Miguel and speaking with expats about the possibility of relocating there.  I am also a household manager with a culinary degree.  I would appreciate any responses regarding housing, employment, relocation, etc. 

Thanks so much!
Shar

@jinetemx

Hi there, saw your early reply, looking to move down to San Miguel about 30 mins outside of town.Will have 2-3 horses and am having no luck finding info on how and where to get hay expenses  ect and how is the equine vet care? Also did you fly your horses or haul them your self??

Thanks for info you would share.

Karyn

@equus

I am also moving down to San Miguel and intend to bring my horse. Have you had any help finding information on how to get hay & grain?

@jinetemx Hello! I'm moving to SM this summer and I am looking for resources to keep two horses. I would like to know more about the process. I have a family member in Ajijic but she doesn't have horses.