Coming to Nepal

Hello everyone :D ,

My two friends and me will be in Nepal from the 29/30 June to 13 July. We are from a small island called Mauritius :P  We will be looking to discover the country spiritually and also the natural part. We are also open to meet new people out there both locals or foreigners . And also looking for some pre advices from anyone who wish to help.

Thanks a lot. Hope to see you soon.

Gratitude.
Girish ;)

Hi, Girish

We are hurried to welcome in Nepal. You can enjoy with different cultures & different city with different weather. If you need any kind of help we are ready for 24/7 time. You can enjoy in laps of Himalaya , trekking, luxurious tour, adventure as your choice & hobby. Warm welcome in Nepal #mount Everest #buddha birth land #himalaye country #temple city Kathmandu.

Hello Girish - I know all of us have time constraints but let's face it, the fact that you and your two friends dispose of only two weeks to discover a country like Nepal does not leave any margin for error. Faced with that reality, perhaps the first thing you may wish to do - if I may suggest - is to ask yourself:
a. what are my priorities? (what is it - really - that I want to do?)
b. what is the main goal or objective of this two-week trip?
c.  how can I best achieve those aims in that limited time period (taking into consideration any budget limitations I may have etc.)  Ex: If I don't have the time to take the time to visit Everest area, can I afford to pay for a flight to see the tallest mountains in the world from the skies, take photos, ?)
d. If as you seem to indicate, you have a spiritual pursuit, the question becomes: how best can I fulfill that? (Meditation? visit to monasteries or classes? or simply sightseeing, trekking to the mountains? and the list is long)
For information only, what I consider to the the best meditation course on offer in Kathmandu is offered by Vipassana but that alone takes an uninterrupted 10 days of your time, and believe me, it is intensive and sessions are held in complete silence/no talking/no turning of your head/nothing.
If on the other hand your desire is to socialize and meet people like you said, don't miss the Saturday weekly of "Farmers Market at Le Sherpa"  in Kathmandu where they sell veggies, herbs, cheeses, breads, etc.  You'll meet a multitude of other expats, foreigners and visitors alike there. Arrive there by 9 a.m. For full information, search for Farmers Market/Le Sherpa Kathmandu in Google search.
Places you might find most interesting to visit, also to meet people, is the Garden of Dreams, Kaiser Mahal complex, built in 1920 and beautifully restored in later years by the Austrian Government.
Look that up on the net, on Google also. Lots of photos, descriptions;  fantastic collection of plants, trees, flowers, etc  That is a super place to just sit and ponder about life!! Place has a well known restaurant. In nice weather, many visitors lying about on the lawns, taking in the sun. The setting is really most impressive. So who knows, you may meet people there. Entrance is 200 rupees.
If you are interested in art and architecture, don't miss the Babermahal Revisited complex of shops, restaurants and more. Leading art gallery Kathmandu is located within that complex, if you like art.
Among other places I recommend you visit:  Swyanbhudnath Monkey Temple, Kopan Monastery and out Boudhanat way, don't miss a visit to one of the largest stupas in the world - 36 metres high -  14th century - many visitors, monks there. And just beyond, the little known Taragaon Museum which is actually just inside the Hyatt hotel complex, on the right hand side when one drives in. There you have an art gallery, restaurants, etc. There are many other places to visit, too numerous to mention here. Guides can tell you.
Coming back to your interest in spirituality, I take the view that spirituality has to do with the spirit - in the essence of being human - your soul and one's inner life. Religions have well defined beliefs, rituals and guidelines. But the fact is that spirituality is more individual - an encounter with one's own INNER dimension.
May you have a most successful and rewarding trip to Nepal.

Things work a lot differently here than in most places. I've been writing tips for tourists and have started doing videos for tourists. You will get some good tips from our channel.

But Nepal is the most beautiful, lovely country you'll ever find. The people are really kind and gentle. I got here 8 years ago and haven't left. I love everything about it.
How scary is healthcare in Nepal?