Meditation

Hello,

I've just arrived in Nepal and will be moving to Patan/Lalitpur in a few weeks but am in Kathmandu for the time being. I'm interested in doing regular (cheap) meditation. Any places you can recommend for meditation that is not a retreat, meaning I can go for an hour or so then leave, not going away for a few days at a time?

Thanks.

Hello ayesha87.

In menatime, you can try to post an advert in the Classes section in the Nepal classifieds. It can help. :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hello ayesha87!

Actually where are you staying in Kathmandu so that I can give you an address of few meditation centers around Kathmandu?

Thank you. I am in Bulawatar for the remainder of the month then will be living in Kupandole.
:)

I'm sorry this is not the info you are looking for, but I am going to recommend a 10 day vipassana course dhamma.org.  It is free, located in KTM, the registration office is on Kantipath near Jyoti Bhagawan.  I just finished my first course and it was THE MOST AMAZING EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE...I feel compelled to tell every one about it and I saw the word "meditation" so...good luck to you!

check out the website pranamaya-yoga.com Nepal. They offer a singing bowl meditation class coming Saturday at their yoga centre 1905 Kantipath. Overnext Saturday a Singing bowl healing workshop.  They offer regular week end retreats also. Regular yoga classes are held also in the yoga centre in Sanepa. You could also contact the Nepal Yoga Reiki and Natural Healing Foundation, located in Sorakhutte, Thamel, very near to Hotel Manang, at the opposite side of the road.