Australia

what shuold  i do i want to leav in austrilia

Welcome to the forum

You will need to have job skills and experience and visas to work and live in Australia.
Go to Discover at the top of this page and click on the Australian Guide. Plenty of information there.
Also read other threads here on the forum too.

Hi timocee,

Here is the link to the Australia guide : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/oceania/australia/

Why did you opt for Australia exactly?

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

I would go to an English language college and study for a while to improve your English language skills.  I would also ensure that I had at least 4-5 years recent experience in an occupation that is on our skills occupation list.

Tony...

You are so claffer in any remak, y u not making any positive comment

Regard
Murray

Murray

we have to be realistic in providing advice, not mislead people and create unrealistic expectations.  There is a particular duty of care on any way providing advice on Expat.com and for the management of Expat.com

The reality is that if someone wants to obtain a visa to work in Australia they will require at least IELTS 5 in all of the components of reading writing, listening and speaking (for most occupations, however, it is significantly higher: ie engineers and IT professionals: IELTS 6, nurses, teachers are IELTS 7).

In any event, that is the minimum requirement to obtain the visa: the reality is that at interview the employer will expect English communications skill levels that are significantly higher due to customer contact roles, OHS issues and following workplace instructions.  I recruit international talent to work in Australia: an IELTS 5 will not result in a candidate passing the interview with the employer and definitely means that the candidate is unlikely to pass any technical interview (in English) for 2.5 hours with a skills assessor.

I receive many applications from young people who are less than 30 years of age, who have no credible work history, can not demonstrate a long term commitment to an employer and have limited relevant experience to the roles that they are seeking. 

If someone has 4-5 years direct relevant experience, is able to obtain an Australia professional or trade skills assessment (and thereby have their qualifications recognised in Australia), have good English language skills and can demonstrate a long term commitment to their previous employers, they will be attractive to an employer: without meeting these requirements they will not be a competitive as other candidates who do meet these requirements.

It also needs to be remembered that the Australia employer recruiting someone on a skills visa (ie the 482 visa) will be expected to pay around $20,000 to recruit a person from overseas (before even considering the salary and other on costs): this amount represents Australian Government charges for the visa application, employer nomination fees and training levy, the migration agents professional fees and the recruitment fees.

We should not suggest that it is easy to obtain a visa to work in Australia: visas are only available for those that have skills in an occupation on our skills shortage list and meet the requirements of the visa (including have a formal job offer from an employer).

So on balance, therefore, my advice remains....improve your English language skills and ensure that you have relevant skills in an occupation that is on the skills shortage list.

It is also important to note that people who are over age 42 years and seeking to work in Australia on skilled work visas are not as popular with Australian employers because they are unable to obtain permanent residency. 

The 482 visa, for example, requires the person to work for 3 years with the same employer before they apply for permanent residency: and they must still be with the same employer when the PR application is decided (which could take another 1-2 years).  The added complication is that applications for PR can only be made by people under the age of 45 years:  this means that the person must be less than 42 years when they commence work in Australia.

Reality is always more useful, than creating unrealistic expectations which can not be fulfilled.

cheers, Tony

Tony

Thank you for the reply. It is very helpfull and appreciated.

Regards
Murray

Tony

Your advice about English and employer visas being harder to get than people realise is spot on.  Your response to your earlier, shorter remark, is fantastic.

I worked in the Australian Department of Immigration and the former migration review tribunal once upon a time. I made decisions on employer sponsored and business skills visas as well as initial examination of visa refusals and cancellations. It is very difficult to rely on sponsorship. I've heard heartbreaking stories of people having to return to their country of origin  because their visa was cancelled. Sometimes because of employer pulling support other times breach of visa conditions through lack of understanding.

The student path seems more reliable. Get English skills and qualifications and find a visa path that leads to PR with less risk.

Very good advice.