Scary Stories about Renting in Japan is stoping me moving to Tokyo

Good Day, I'm a experienced traveler also I had live in 4 Countries (Argentina (Where I was Born), Canada (Nova Scotia), London and now Amsterdam) I'm always open to new adventures. Recently I was offered a Job position in the company I'm working to move to Japan, Salary is close to 20M Yens (Which seem pretty OK to have a nice life there) But after some research I found foreigners have a very hard time finding rental in Tokyo. Something like only a 5% of the Landlords are willing to rent to people from other countries. The company only will pay for a temporary location for a couple of months after that I will be on my own. Probably the biggest concern is I have a dog "Border Collie" which maybe will bring extra trouble for rent something.

My Question Should I be concern? Everything I had read is true? I have never been denied a rental because been a foreigner (Something I found very Xenofobic) Which maybe said a lot about the Japanese Society. I visited Japan about 6 Years ago and probably I was naive but didn't found any rejection also I had some Japanese friends back in the English School (16 Years Ago) Which seem pretty nice. But I'm aware of the difference between been a Tourist and a Resident.

Hello, Marcos,

If you are after renting in Ja-an, good to note one thing.
In Japan, there are 2 kinds of property(real estate) agents.
Those who are familiar with foreigners, and those who are not.

The former has English skills and the sufficient experience with the foreign prospective tenants.
But the latter does not.

And the English-speaking agents often advertise on website, rather than shop-front sign in streets.

If you are the first timer to seek long-term accommodation in Japan,
use google.co.jp.
And enter relevant key words like ' Renting an apartment room in Japan'.
This way, you can easily find  web sites by property agents who are familiar with foreigners.

Some of the examples shown below:

https://www.interwhao.co.jp/english/?gc … gLGUfD_BwEhttps://www.sakura-house.com/en?gclid=E … gJj4vD_BwE

If you are keen to compare around, use  the above keywords and search on
as much as possible.

When you live in Japan,  you are required to put out your garbage at  the right place &
on the right days of the week.
And sort it out by its materials; papers, metals, and plastics before  disposal.
Otherwise it won't be collected.

Good luck,

J.M.