American Musicians in Montevideo

Hello! I am a musician and recording artist from Texas, who wants to move to Montevideo! I am very interested in learning as much as I can about this city's musicians and music scene from its musicians, fans and those like me who have already made the move. I play multiple instruments as well as styles of music ranging from Blues, Jazz and RnB to Rock, Classic Rock and Hard Rock. I also own and operate a dual analog/digital recording studio, which I plan to bring with me to Montevideo. Please share anything that anyone may feel is of value or intrest on this subject, as I would like to hear from as may members of this community as possible!  Thank you very much for sharing your experience and wisdom. Peace, Texas musician

Hello, did you move to Montevideo already?

Hello again Lucia! I just want to let you know I will be away from the phone tomorrow afternoon...I have business to attend to in Conroe, just North of Houston and the Woodlands. Much like you, I also live outside the city, a place called Lake Conroe. Are you familiar with this part of the Houston area? It is beautiful here, right inside a large pine forest, El Bosque de Pina, did I say that correctly? It is what is called here, a National Forest. Which as the name suggests, it is protected Federal Public Land....in other words, it is the communal property of all American citizens. It is owned by the United States of America, maintained and protected  by the National Forest Service and can never be cut down. It is an ancient and beautiful Forest, just about 45 minutes to one hours drive North from downtown Houston. It is also next to a fairly large lake, Lake Conroe is its name...perhaps you remember, or have visited this area before you moved back to Montevideo... Anyway, I just wanted to let you know my plans for tomorrow 7-10-19, just In case you try to call or text me tomorrow...I don't want you to think I am ignoring you. I will hopefully call you with either a new phone or via Skype when I get home from town tomorrow. Please feel free to call me at anytime if you want or need to talk about anything, I will give you a number to call me on if you are unable to reach me at my phone. That number is 1-(432)-386-5754. It is my mother's cell phone, Linda Jones is her name and my father's name is Ken Jones, incase he happens to answer that line. Please feel free to call me at that number anytime before 9pm if I can't be reached at my phone number. Both my parents live with me part of the year and they also stay at our property in the high mountains of far West Texas, near El Paso, in a small town called Fort Davis, for part of the year. They are both retired school teachers, and they both still play music with their other musician friends quite often...we hope to meet with and become part of the musical community of Montevideo, when we move there. I intend to bring all my professional Recording equipment and eventually build and have a business recording other local bands and musicians in the region....I also look forward to building a band and performing publicly in and on the local music scene. Now that I actually have a new friend and contact in Montevideo I feel even more strongly as if the universe is encouraging me to build a new life there. I am so greatful for your help and advice and will be looking forward to actually meeting you in person when I come to visit and look for a house or apartment to rent. I will talk with you manana, until then, buenas noches!

Thank you again,
Cael