Fee with vietnamese debit cart outside of Vietnam

I heard fee is very high for using vietnamese debit (or credit) card outside of Vietnam  (online payment on a foreign site, payment in a store abroad, etc.).
What do you think of this ? Do some of you use vietnamese bank card abroad ? What is your fee ?
Thanks in advance :-)
Laurent

?
:-)

Call your bank and find out. It's different from bank to bank.

With my Techcombank, with Visa Platinum, the fee will be over 4% (without including ATM fee in case of withdrawal).
It is very high...
It's the reason why I am looking for other experiences. Thanks in advance.

Its almost the same in India too. It's not because of the bank it's because of Visa charges which are 2-4%.

I also have a Mastercard Card (Black world Elite) in a german bank (N26) (less than 6 euros/month : zero fee when I am not in Euro zone. And with the classic Mastercard in this same bank(free card), it's around 1,5% fee (including currency fee and Mastercard fee).
So, more than 4% fee is very high...

We know that the government of Vietnam places restrictions on money leaving to avoid currency drain.   Do you think it is possible that these fees could be a way to discourage money from leaving the country?  Buying diamonds in Hong Kong with a high limit card and then reselling them would be one way to  surreptitiously move money out.

THIGV wrote:

We know that the government of Vietnam places restrictions on money leaving to avoid currency drain.   Do you think it is possible that these fees could be a way to discourage money from leaving the country?  Buying diamonds in Hong Kong with a high limit card and then reselling them would be one way to  surreptitiously move money out.

It's sure that these fees discourage to use international bank card in order to make our vietnamese money move out of the country. I don't think it's due to vietnamese government.
About your way by buying and reselling diamonds, the losses of money in these double operation would be of course over 4% :-)