Paypal

What DR banks can you use to setup besides Banco Popular if any?

Only Banco Popular has a two way agreement with PayPal.  All other banks can be connected but only one way.

With Banco popular you can move money from PayPal to your bank account.   No other bank can do this.

The only other alternative is linking your PayPal to a bank in your country of origin.

For example if from the US, you can request PayPal to issue you a debit card which could be used in the DR for purchases or to withdraw cash from the ATM.

Hello!  What is the fee for using the popular bank PayPal?

No idea.

500 pesos per withdrawal last time I checked.

gcl1221 wrote:

Hello!  What is the fee for using the popular bank PayPal?

Here at work we received a payment over paypal and when we transfered the money from Paypal to Popular Bank account Paypal charged arround 10.00 US$ and Popular Bank charged arround 45.00 US$, the transaction took to process arround 4 to 5 business days.

There are fees on both ends for payments received and transferred.  That is normal.

The popular bank fee is ridiculous!  PayPal fee for sending $ to gmail receipent is zero!

It is what it is. You can accept it or not. They are the only option HERE for Paypal currently.

I pay my monthly condo fee using using PayPal to gmail receipent, “no fee”!

Depends how it's done, from where to where. All my clients outside DR who pay me with PayPal either they or I pay a fee!

Some who have friends and family setup seem to be able to pay without fee.  Doesn't seem to work to Dominican based paypal accounts.   

I am not a PayPal expert, this is all based on my personal experience!

planner wrote:

Depends how it's done, from where to where. All my clients outside DR who pay me with PayPal either they or I pay a fee!

Some who have friends and family setup seem to be able to pay without fee.  Doesn't seem to work to Dominican based paypal accounts.   

I am not a PayPal expert, this is all based on my personal experience!

Yes, it depends on what kind of transaction you are doing, if you are making a transaction where sender and receiver has USA based bank accounts or the money stay in paypal accounts is not the same as transfer money from paypal to a Dominican bank account, in this case is like international wire transfer so for sure is not going to be free.