Visa issues, leaving the country a day late

i will be overstaying my visa by one day as my flight to leave is on the 30th of may however my visa expires on the 29th of may, will this be a problem or will i just have to pay a small fine?

Historically, Expats on tourist stamps have paid about a dollar a day for overstays.

However, as the permitted tourist-stay was reduced from a maximum 180 days to 90 this year, it's possible the fine/penalty for overstaying has also been changed.

cccmedia in Lima

Mr. Media,

I have a couple of visa questions.  I hope you or someone on the forum knows the answers.

We want to apply for our temporay permanent visas now. 
About how long does it take to process for the residential ones for my husband and myself?
I have heard three to four months.

I was told about gettting a residential visa that had a principal and dependent allowed.  As I was told, this meant that the principal could not be out of the coutry more than 90 days a year but the dependent could be out for more days the first year.  Does this exist?

I tried reading the government visa site information but my Spanish was not fluent enough to understand. 
Can you or anyone help us?

I tried to compare Expresito and Sandra Baquero's moving companies.  The information I get is like apple and oranges and with bites out of each!  Sandra's is more more expensive - but more complete with customs and door to door. 
Any thoughts from you and members?

Joel and I want to be there by the end of this year!

Thanks,
Robin

RobinJoel wrote:

We want to apply for our temporary permanent visas now. 
About how long does it take to process for the residential ones for my husband and myself?...

Joel and I want to be there by the end of this year!

Evidently you are not in Ecuador now.

Different offices handle things differently and-or at a different pace.  You may have to go through your nearest Ecuadorian consulate .. or an attorney who has a presence in both Ecuador and the USA (presuming you are currently in the USA).

You might contact attorney Sara Chaca of Ecuador Visas, in Cuenca, who offers a free consultation to prospective clients and whose contact information is at www.cuencahighlife.com ....

cccmedia

Hi,

No we are not in Ecuador right now.  We trave back and forth but are ready to be there most of the time.  We are ready for a real life!  One without the hassels and such that are ongoing.  I'm not saying that that we won't have some issues in Ecuador - but new ones can be good for the brain!  New challenges! New Adventures!
Mostly, the change of pace when we are at home in Ecuador is such a gift.

Thanks for your attorney suggestion.  I will contact her and get more information.

Enjoy the day!

Robin

HI!

I just went to www.cuencahighlife.com.
There was a lot of good information there about Sara Chaca and her collegues.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Robin