Job seeker visa rejection due to security concern

Dear All,

my application for job seeker visa has been rejected due to security concern. i am sure that i have never had security problem in Germany and this judgment and decision would be just base on some resemblance to someone else' s name or face. would you please inform me, how can i solve my problem. who is responsible for this case? (embassy, foreigners' registration office ,security agency of Germany, or another department??)

thank you in advance,

regards,
Asad

asad.f wrote:

Dear All,

my application for job seeker visa has been rejected due to security concern. i am sure that i have never had security problem in Germany and this judgment and decision would be just base on some resemblance to someone else' s name or face. would you please inform me, how can i solve my problem. who is responsible for this case? (embassy, foreigners' registration office ,security agency of Germany, or another department??)

thank you in advance,

regards,
Asad

I would assume you have to ask the person who gave you the rejection. Ask for more details about why you were rejected and then you can react accordingly. It could be a mix up with someone with a similar name. But there are other possibilities; like belonging to organizations that are deemed to be a risk. For example, there have been Muslim charity organizations in the west that have been banned or shut down due to accusations of helping other groups that are suspect of being radical. Is it true or a misjudgment or something political? Hard to tell. Relationships between Iran and Germany are better than with some countries but still not unaffected by politics.

Thank you for you comment. But the question is „who did it.“ the embassy sent me the rejection letter. If you mean embassy, i will send the embassy an email and ask them.

On the purely formal side, you have the aright to appeal against all decisions by German public authorities within a certain timeframe (which must be written on the letter informing you of the decision.
That of course does not mean the appeal will be successful. (If not, you can in principle still go to court - but that is probably not advisable or even practically possible in your situation.)
As you certainly know, the relationship between Germany (as well as other Western countries) and the Muslim world is strained, visa applications from there are especially scrutinized and often rejected for the slightest doubt. You should appeal only if you can prove beyond doubt that you are not a fanatist (in the best case are not religious at all).

asad.f wrote:

Thank you for you comment. But the question is „who did it.“ the embassy sent me the rejection letter. If you mean embassy, i will send the embassy an email and ask them.

If the embassy is the one you are corresponding with then of course you will have to go through them. I don't think there is any realistic chance you'll get to find out who or directly contact the person doing the analysis or fact-finding behind the decision. But if it is say a mistaken identity then you might be able to clarify the situation. If you have been a member of an organization the security forces deem a risk then it is unlikely you will be able to change their mind. In these sensitive times, even association can be a factor. If you are related to or have been in contact with someone seen as a risk then you will have problems. Even in the west, if a Muslim is known to have frequented a mosque where other radicals are known to have visited then they might be suspect despite lack of any direct evidence they themselves even knew them or shared questionable actions or ideology. It is not always about guilt but standards of risk evaluation. Things have gone from denial of visas to known radicals to denial of people who might have contact or associate with any such people or groups.