Should I state my rejected S pass application FIN?

Hi,

I applied for an S pass in Singapore some time back, and it was rejected. But I could see my FIN number in my application status.

Now I am going to apply for Student visa in Singapore. In the application form I should state my FIN if I have any. should I fill in the FIN shown in my application status before? But I was never given this FIN by MOM, I only saw it because, a friend of mine looked up my application status instead of me.

Thanks.

FIN number is generated against each work pass application at MoM. In future, this generated FIN number can be linked to your application at MoM.

As your application was not successful then you can't give this number for any future reference, unless it was asked for.

Secondly, Student Pass is issued at ICA, where you are applying very first time. Two are different Govt entities and unless application form specifically asks to provide your information related to any application at MoM then you may share this FIN number. Good luck

I disagree with Surya:
I think a FIN is fixed and all subsequent applications you make will use the same FIN, regardless of MoM or ICA.
But since ICA and MoM share data and have very good databases, they will fin your FIN even if you don't give it in your form.
(Plase report back here and tell us if Surya or me is right!)

Hi Beppi,

The thing is I was never given this FIN by MOM. I only saw this since one of my friends looked up my application status for me using his FIN.

Do you still think it is necessary to share it?

Beppi is right, as FIN alloted to individuals for their each and any applications to passes, whether in mom or ica.

Ertiza Abbas wrote:

Beppi is right, as FIN alloted to individuals for their each and any applications to passes, whether in mom or ica.

I think you and Beppi both didn't get the correct part of that message. FIN is allotted to every individual when pass is approved very first time and FIN number should come through your IPA letter (that's official). Then it can be used thereafter in every application, be it in MoM or ICA (if it asks for to declare). The FIN number will be changed only when the individual took PR or citizenship or else it won't change. In her case, it was never approved Nor was given by MoM. Where you will get FIN!

Secondly, she saw the reference number (which may or may not be FIN) using someone's existing SingPass account, but not provided to her by MoM.

Thirdly, in ICA or MoM forms, it asks previous used FIN (can be seen in DP form or EP form or LTVP), this means your previous successful work pass or DP or work permit FIN number, not the FIN number you assume in your first time unsuccessful application (i.e. reference number against each passport and individual).

If I remember correctly, I had verified through their internal sources whom I know personally in 2016, that EPonline creates ref number starts with E or similar characters with multiple zeros in between. Let me know what's the number she can see in her unsuccessful application, then I can tell clearly whether it was a ref number or potential FIN number. But, I still believe she shouldn't use that number in the field of the application form where it asks to declare your earlier used FIN number as she was never given an official FIN from MoM. Thanks

Surya is correct. I have confirmed this with the Authorities.

Thanks all for your time and help.

@surya2k hi once get fin number ep will aproved??

@Syedhassan0191 Surya2k is no longer on this webpage.

Check the EPOnline system to see whether the EP was approved. The FIN number is issued only once (during your very first application) and stays with you for life (or until you become PR/citizen).

@beppi I check in ep pass fin. Issued but stil not get approval so asking what chances

@beppi this is my first ep application  only since 7week was pending not have fin number just today got fin number

@Syedhassan0191 Nobody can tell your chances without knowing all your details - and even then there is an element of luck involved, too!