Marriage registration in Kenya

Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder married (as per the hindu rituals) to a Kenyan Indian (Indian with Kenyan citizenship) in 2018 in Nairobi. We have been trying to register our marriage at the Sharia House in Nairobi but has failed as one of the requirement for a foreigner is to submit certificate of non-impendent / singlehood certificate issued by the Indian Government or High Commission of India in Kenya.

I have checked with High commission of India in Kenya and through some contacts in India, they don't issues a certificate.. they can only attest an affidavit issued by myself and stamped by a lawyer. I tried that too but it was rejected by Sharia house.

Is there anyone here with Indian passport who get married in Kenya recently. Please help.

Thanks

Hello, I am not an Indian but an Immigration lawyer with a good grasp of the requirements for registration of a Hindu Marriage where one of you is a foreign national. You are right, the certificate of no impediment comes in form of a set of affidavits, one by yourself, your parents and witnesses and they have to be drafted in a particular manner and certified by the High Commission which is probably why they were rejected. You also need a set of other documents which I assume you must have presented. ***

Moderated by Diksha 5 years ago
Reason : The promotion of your services is not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct