Brunei's Sharia Laws, is that good ?

Brunei encacted syaria laws lately. and many people oppose that policy. i want to know to anyone who lives in Brunei how is living in there? is that good or bad?
i need your opinion to accomplish my essay

Hi Rakaz,

Hope I'm not too late in responding.

As a Christian living here I don't see am issue as long as we abide by the law of the country.

Some of us might not agree with it but the law is the law. If we choose to be here we need to abide by it.

Thus far as a friend explained to me, it is in fact more challenging to be tried in a Shariah court as there are certain criteria which are more stringent than a civil law. For example, it needs at least 2 or 3 witnesses to the crime and not only that, the witnesses need be reputable Imam's or teacher if I didn't describe it wrongly.

In all things, we have the power of choice. If we do not agree with the rules and regulations of where we are, we can always find alternatives. Though I know at times it might not be as easy as I'm making it to be 

These are just my observations. Hope it works for u.

Best regards

Hi Rakaz,

Hope I'm not too late in responding.

As a Christian living here I don't see an issue as long as we abide by the law of the country.

Some of us might not agree with it but the law is the law. If we choose to be here we need to abide by it.

Thus far as a friend explained to me, it is in fact more challenging to be tried in a Shariah court as there are certain criterias which are more stringent than a civil law. For example, it needs at least 2 or 3 witnesses to the crime and not only that, the witnesses need be reputable Imam's or teacher if I didn't describe it wrongly.

In all things, we have the power of choice. If we do not agree with the rules and regulations of where we are, we can always find alternatives. Though I know at times it might not be as easy as I'm making it to be 

These are just my observations. Hope it works for u.

Best regards

Shariah law is the best for safety and peace, except for criminals, drug dealers, fornicators, perverts and rapists.