Uncle Buck = TV Star

My wife and I watched the new episode of Caribbean Life last night starring Uncle Buck and his wife.
VERY interesting to watch, Congratulations!

Wooooooo hoooooooo. I had no idea we had stars amongst us!!!!

Well...that might be a little too generous, but it was fun as heck!  Glad you enjoyed it.

Marie and I watched. You guys were great!!!

Our favorite show!...when I saw Uncle Buck I said to my husband "Oh that's Uncle Buck from Expat.com" and then I ruined the show for my husband and said he ends up buying in Casa Linda lol!:-)

Thanks all.  We think it came across as very true to who we are.  We have met another couple who did an episode as well, and they had fun too.  We are happy to be in Sosua full-time now!

LOL Kat, I did the same thing! That said, there is a little twist at the end for those who haven't seen it....

I got tired just watching the rope exercise thing!  :joking:

It was great. We laughed and laughed. Your place is BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait to see you and Chantel again in May. We are bringing a posse!!

Should we be scared?!?! 😄

Scared that we might run out of beer!! I really want them to see your place but we won't be a pain.

I will be hitting you up sometime the 12th for the air mattress.

Maybe on our day trip excursion to Vitamin D Cafe/Big Kahuna/Cabarette  we could swing by and see your place. No pressure. 😉😘

Any time Christie!

What's your take on this news item today?

https://nypost.com/2019/04/09/missing-n … ng-mugged/

It's getting a bit of attention here. Obviously, not in Punta Cana.

It's a big deal and lots and lots of unanswered questions!  Until there are some answers and evidence I am not speculating!

From what I just read, they had a car accident, and ended up in the ocean.  They recovered the lady on March 27, and, sadly, she passed away April 4.  The gentleman was recovered from the vehicle on the ocean floor on March 30.  It's a shame, but closure helps the grieving begin, at least.  Our sympathies to the families.

Uncle Buck,
I've read a few articles concerning this and none said anything about an accident.
This may sound crass but I was hoping for something like this and not the victims of violence.
I hope their families find some closure.

Just read this about the car accident.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/09/bodies-re … port-says/

Yes it's now resolved, how very sad!

My wife and I watched this show as well with interest in the DR as we recently bought a Condo at Grand Laguna Beach.  We looked at Casa Linda as well but in the end just wanted to be closer to the water since we are not there full time and are renting out.  Our realtor was contacted by HGTV recently to see if they knew of anyone willing to be on the show and contacted my wife and I to speak about our experience.  Look forward to doing the show but heard it is three days of 8+ hour work.  Hope you are enjoying the DR and maybe we will cross paths someday.

We enjoyed seeing Uncle Buck and his wife last week and our realtor from when we were there in February on last night's episode. We hope to start building on our lot in Sosua Ocean Village in a few months.

Clintt72 it is 3 full days, but it is unlike anything else we've done before. It was fun, and the program turned out great, in our opinion.  Our realtor gets a big bump in business with each episode she does, so it's worth it for her.  Be yourself, and don't sweat the details.  There is another couple on here that has done an episode, and they are awesome people.  Hope it works out for you too.  Good luck!

Hahaha...no one cared when we were on Caribbean Life...you guys are the popular ones....just like high school... :dumbom:

I mean me in high school...not that we were all in high school together....just to clarify

You're hilarious, and can't wait to see you two again.

Which episode are you guys on Brodies?

We are junkies. We watch that channel non stop between visits. We use commercial time to check flight prices. That and kick ass on all the quiz questions. 😂😂

We saw a recent episode in Las Terrenas and I am going to actively seek out the couple from the show! They looked like so much fun!

OK -gotta ask - which channel - I think I've only caught this show when in Cabarete or Sosua when over for a beach and beer ( and see Tinker) weekend from Moca

HGTV - https://www.hgtv.com/shows/caribbean-life

We watch it through YouTubeTV.

Our realtor asked if he can use our Playa Bonita apartment as one of the properties for an upcoming episode.

Our episode was the first in Cabrera. HGTV Caribbean Life season 9, episode 4:  A Dominican Republic Fixer-Upper. Fun stuff. So, once we have enough people, as I suggested to Uncle Buck and his lovely wife, we'll make a drinking game out of it.
We watch episodes and every time a couple says "two bedroom, two bathroom" or "ocean view" you take a shot! And if they say "open floor plan" or "We need the extra room for when friends and family visit" you down the whole drink...plus little shots for each "breathtaking" or "amazing"...

Don't forget granite countertops!!!

And count us in!

Which is funny....we have granite countertops...but haven't sealed them...makes me super worried...but, the woman staying at our house is a miracle cleaner...somehow she makes things cleaner than when we bought them new???

I think we all have granite countertops! But, when we were looking at places , they certainly were not a deal breaker. 😂😂