Cheapest cities in Australia

Hello everyone,

Budget is an important consideration when moving to Australia. Ideally, expats would settle down in a city in Australia where the cost of living is low but where they could also enjoy a decent quality of life. Would you be able to give a few tips to someone planning a move to Australia by answering the questions below?

What are the cheapest cities in Australia?

Why are they cheap? What singles them out as a city where the cost of living is low?

What is the average budget for one person living in these cities?

Is it easy to find a job as an expat in these cities? What is the overall quality of life like?

Are they expat friendly? Would you recommend these cities to someone looking to settle in Australia?

Please share your experience,

Bhavna

Hello Bhavna,

I am new in here. I think Perth is cheaper than Brisbane for living as I compare with my friend who is staying in Perth.

It is difficult to find job for my self. I had jobless almost for one year. but i think it depends on what kind of jobs you are looking for.

the people are friendly. cost of living is around $ 500-600/week. it depends on the person how much they spend. overall the quality of life in here is good.

Thanks,
Yunita

The cost of living in Australia varies quite widely and seems to be directly proportional to income/ job prospects
Ranked from most expensive:- Sydney-Melbourne-Brisbane- Perth- Adelaide- Hobart
So Adelaide and Hobart would appear most affordable
Rents about $350 per week for 3-4 bedroom depending on distance from city centres . Subsistence maybe 1200 for a family of 4.. depends
Job prospects depends on the profession with most health, IT abit spread across those cities. But highly skilled and managerial ones are mainly to be found in Sydney and Melbourne
I arrived in Adelaide stayed for 2 months then moved to Melbourne where I readily got a job with a targeted company. Lucky maybe . Perth market and to some extent Brisbane are mining cycle driven. Last few years have been tough for the two but once China start buying well again then jobs across the board recover

Hi Yunita and Georg, thank you very much for your feedback  :thanks:

@ Yunita, what kind of job are you looking for ?

@ Georg, "I arrived in Adelaide stayed for 2 months then moved to Melbourne where I readily got a job with a targeted company. Lucky maybe" must be your skills as well  ;)

Hey guys thanks for sharing the updates, on life in Australia.

I highly appreciates your, experience share and guidelines for choosing some of the cheapest place to live in Australia.

Nevertheless, I rarely see articles about lives in Australia in my country, and also have no travel  experience at that destination , but envision moving to live there.

can someone please help me out with the best approach that would make me live this dream come true?

I am am an Agriculturists, with series of experience working with professional institutions like USAID, FAO, Carter Center.

I will appreciates if someone cand help me out with an answer.

Thanks for your rapid responses.

Arthur

I huge topic/ with multiple levels of things to do.
I refer you to immi.gov.au this site has all you need to know

Regards

George

Thanks for the Link you share Georg, it is highly appreciated