Any former expats from Thailand who moved to Malaysia?

Considering making the move from Thailand to Malaysia and would be interested in hearing from anyone who did just that.  Of special interest is what where the pluses and what were the minuses of the move.  Currently living in the Northeast of Thailand after a number of years in Chiang Mai but the air quality is almost the same and I feel it's probably a good time for a change.

Thanks for the replies.
Jim Gilly

There are some and others have left because of immigration constraints. They live on Penang Island. Try joining some of the expat Facebook groups such as Expats in Penang or  Penang Island Community etc (there are several others)

For Malaysia my 2nd home visa check www.mm2h.gov.my

Thanks for the reply.  When you say immigration constraints do you mean the fixed deposit or monthly income requirements or is there something else to be concerned with?

Just some people can't quite qualify and Penang immigration is very strict about on-arrival tourist entries so it's pesky to try and stay without mm2h.

Some people try to arrive in Penang before approval which has been taking extended period of time lately.

To have everything done in advance with full-proof advice and assistance, also to  avoid having to go to Putrajaya immigration for issuing of the mm2h visa stamp, then Alter Domus is excellent (1st registered agent owned by previously immigration officer).

Penang Island has the largest concentration of expat retirees in Malaysia but still a small and friendly community of around 1,000.