Moving to Yokohama as an Expat

Background:
1. We will be moving to Yokohama (family of three).
2. I will be working in Fujisawa.
3. We plan on sending my daughter to Yokohama International School.

Questions:
1. Where should we live? I would like to find a good balance for both commutes (me and my daughter). We prefer a good/convenient location over a nice fancy apartment in an inconvenient area.
2. What should I ask for in the package?
3. How does the cost of living compare to the US? We are moving from Roseville, CA (Northern California).

Thanks in advance.

Bumping to hopefully get some feedback on this, thanks.

Im looking for the same answers. Hopefully

The place to live is in the Yamate Hills area. Yokohama International school is nearby as is Chinatown, Motomachi street, the waterfront and several parks. There is also a healthy active expat community here.

Expat packages can vary a lot as some companies are willing to provide more than others. But I would include housing, full medical for all the family, schooling for kids, travel allowance (either a car or daily travel allowance on train or other public transport), and possibly free flights back home once a year for all the family (good luck with that one).

Tokyo itself has an American Club, but Yokohama has the Yokohama Country & Athletic Club (YC&AC). I am not sure of membership cost but some companies do pay for membership of expat clubs.