Remote work in Berlin for the company in London

Hello, all! I'd like to get your insights as I am pretty much confused.

Situation
- I am working for German company in Berlin. But the company started to fall off, and I am not comfortable in this organization anymore. Kinda depressed.
- Spoke with my previous boss, they can provide me a good position in London HQ, Role is exactly what I was looking for.
- I have to stay in Berlin till October this year due to an apartment contract. and the company agreed that I do remote work from May to October, and then relocated to London in November.

My problem is
During 5 months of working remotely in Berlin, what would be the best way to handle work permit?

-Can I apply for 'job searching visa' for 3 months and stay in Berlin, and do one-month-work in London, and come back and stay in Berlin again? Is this possible?

-They have a Hamburg office. Is this allowed to they enroll me as an employee of Hamburg office and I stay in Berlin?

I cannot think about the way to deal with the situation. If someone already has some ideas, please share with me, it'd help me a lot.

Ariangang wrote:

During 5 months of working remotely in Berlin, what would be the best way to handle work permit?

If you are not employed, your only options are freelancer or business visa. Both are difficult to get an the effort is not worth it for such a short time.

Ariangang wrote:

-Can I apply for 'job searching visa' for 3 months and stay in Berlin, and do one-month-work in London, and come back and stay in Berlin again? Is this possible?

A job search visa does not allow you to work (even remotely).

Ariangang wrote:

-They have a Hamburg office. Is this allowed to they enroll me as an employee of Hamburg office and I stay in Berlin?

This is o,k. and, given your circumstances, probably by far the best solution.

Thanks for your answer, Beppie.

Yes, think we're going to move forward with making a German contract for me and enroll me in Hamburg office.
usually it doesn't cause a problem that my work is in Hamburg but I am registered (anmeldung) in Berlin?

This will not cause any problem at all.
It is very common that people work remotely, from home office or are constantly travelling. It is also common that in companies with several offices all employees are registered at one of them, regardless of where they actually work.

Thank you so much for your help, Beppie
Yes, it's lucky that they have a branch in Hamburg! Danke schon!

Hello, Beppie. I'd like to ask one more question.

In this case
- my work registered in Hamburg
- my residence (anmeldung) in Berlin.

I'll have to apply for my work permit again (new blue card application) as I stayed less than two years.
Should I handle this with Berlin Visa office or Hamburg visa office?

As far I know, it'd be Berlin as I live here.
Is this correct?

To my understanding you are always under care of the foreigner office of where you live. Thus Berlin in your case.