Urgent - Entry into Brazil

Hello,

I applied for my tourist visa and received it on April 2016. It is valid for 5 years (April 2021).

I paid for the flight and accommodations for my May 2016 trip however due to Zika Virus I cancelled it. I am now going to Brazil for the first time in 2 days, however I just noticed at the bottom of the Visa it states "First entry within 1 year from date of issue".

Due to the fact I cancelled my trip back in 2016, my first entry will be over 1 year. Will i be turned away on arrival?

Hi,

How did you get a 5 year tourist visa?

Thanks for any info

Ikex

I applied, provided all the necessary documents and even had flights and accommodations booked for my 2016 trip.

However 3 weeks prior to actually taking off and arriving in Brazil, I cancelled my trip. The Visa is still in my passport and will expire in 2021.

So this trip in 2 days will be my first actual arrival into the country of brazil

Sounds like your visa has expired.  It would be a good idea to check with the Consulate General in Toronto before you try to board a plane.

I know my Visa from the USA  stated I must enter Brazil in 90 days of issuance. I entered within the 90 days and I was approved for 10 years. I am thinking Failure to Enter within a Year of IssuanceI think  is the Problem.
My Visa for Mexico required a Entry within 30 days to be Valid.....I am of the opinion One Must Enter a Country within the countries specified  issuance and entry date to make Visa Valid
I just pulled this down from the Brazilian Consulate Washington DC look below, I am with Ab3, check with both consulates

""Citizens of the following countries must enter Brazil within 90 days from the date the visa has been issued:  Angola, Bahrain, Cambodia, Cape Verde, China, Cuba, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Greece, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakstan, Kuwait, Laos, Libya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Paraguay, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Thailand andTunisia. The visa will be considered void if the holder does not enter Brazilian territory within the above-mentioned time frame."""

I just went to consulate. My visa is expired and they said I must re-apply again.

Joker31

Sorry to hear that, but not surprised.   I hope that your new visa comes through quickly enough to let you take your trip.

joker31 wrote:

I just went to consulate. My visa is expired and they said I must re-apply again.

Thanks for informing the folks who replied, the only stupid question is the one not asked. Sorry to hear of the situation,  I know a lot of the Regulations have changed since I applied for Visa in 2015 the year of the Green Pool Olympics  (lol) as I see on the current information I pulled from the Brazilian Consulate on Must Enter dates the USA and Canada are not present and there are no Requirement to Enter by Date, so I am taking a SWAG and feeling the Regulations Changed. I hope the Consulate can get your Visa fixed...Best of Luck ....

Joker31

BTW, Zika is still around.  If you're a woman of childbearing age who is or may soon become pregnant, it is certainly a danger.  Otherwise, most infections don't show any symptoms; those that do are generally mild and flu-like.  No deaths have been reported.

abthree wrote:

Joker31

BTW, Zika is still around.  If you're a woman of childbearing age who is or may soon become pregnant, it is certainly a danger.  Otherwise, most infections don't show any symptoms; those that do are generally mild and flu-like.  No deaths have been reported.

Got bit my first visit in 2015,  about 3 days of mild flu symptoms , just over the counter flu medicine and life is  good...I no like that flipn mosquito everytime I see one I hunt it down ,spray can in hand water based of course...lol...also to men who want children protect your love one and its called protection. ....

Apparently the other harm of 20 % has not been reported accurately because the Zika virus (ZIK V) causes severe diseases also in adults.  Fetuses and neonates are affected especially thru destruction of neural progenitor cells and their differentiation; calcification, cortical malformations, hypoplasia of the cerebellum and brainstem, ventriculo- megaly, abnormalities of the corpus callosum, delayed myelination, etc.
In other words, microcephaly.

Due to its broad cell and tissue tropism ( placenta, brain, eye, testis, uterus,vagina,body fluids like tears, saliva, semen, urine and blood; cervical mucus ), it´s way of transmission is wide, fulfilling also the requirements of Koch´s Postulates of incubating a disease. So it´s non-insect vector routes and it´s enhanced stability in body fluids including the ability to survive in higher temperatures (40 degrees Celsius) compared to other flaviviruses (dengue, West Nile) makes it an epidemic danger.

Severe symptoms in adults aside from mild fever:

1. Multi-organ failure
2. Thrombocytopenia (decreased platelet count).
3. Thrombocytopenic purpura
4. Conjunctivitis - affects approximately 15% of ZIK V patients.
5. Uveitis - a potentially blinding inflammatory disease.
6. Optic neuritis
7. Guillain-Barré Syndrome - ascending paralysis and polyneuropathy
8. Meningitis and encephalitis - rarely neuroinvasive when compared to the other flaviviruses like West Nile and Tick-borne encephalitis virus.

Sorry for the medical terms. I´m just returning temporarily to professional jargon that I´ve been involved in the past and can´t be avoided. But it´s a good nutrient for the brain and I hope it wasn´t too complicated!

robal

Robal, all good...I got the memo (kkk/lol)...on a simple note I blame
" Monsanto " in the Permabucho situation with there water viricide and that flipn genetically modified flipn mosquito. Do you know what happened with that experiment?....thanks Boss I am clear, I was lucky to be exposed to the virus 4 years ago and in good health to shake off the virus, I think the shots I took before I came the recommended ones helped as well as being fresh off the boat helped...Obrigado para informações =Thank you for the information. ...kkk=lol

Alascana wrote:

" Monsanto " in the Permabucho situation with there water viricide and that flipn genetically modified flipn mosquito. Do you know what happened with that experiment?....thanks Boss I am clear, I was lucky to be exposed to the virus 4 years ago and in good health to shake off the virus, I think the shots I took before I came the recommended ones helped as well as being fresh off the boat helped...Obrigado para informações =Thank you for the information. ...kkk=lol

Are you talking about a genetically modified sterile Aedes mosquito that would render sterile offsprings, hence along the lines the Aedes mosquito lineage would cease to exist? The water treatment I don´t know about in Pernambuco...

robal wrote:
Alascana wrote:

Are you talking about a genetically modified sterile Aedes mosquito that would render sterile offsprings, hence along the lines the Aedes mosquito lineage would cease to exist? The water treatment I don´t know about in Pernambuco...

Yes, those be the ones, yup where the greatest problem was Monsanto treated the water....

Alascana,

I just looked at the problem of Zika virus and prevention in Pernambuco and saw 2
foreign companies involved: British Oxitec and American Monsanto.

Oxitec was responsible for the genetically engineered Aedes aegypti, which was dependent on an antibiotic called Tetracycline and Monsanto was responsible for treating the water with Pyriproxifen to kill the larva of Aedes aegypti.

The program Oxitec introduced is not successful because the frequency of illness improved very little. Scientists are saying that the wild female Aedes aegypti does not really mate frequently with the genetically engineered male Aedes, hence very little Tetracycline-dependent offspring is produced that would die due to absence of Tetracycline in the wild. Oxytec must have produced ugly looking suitors to be refused
by the female Aedes!

Now, doctors from Argentina and Brazil are blaming Monsanto´s Pyriproxifen as the cause of microcephaly. They argue that Colombia has so many cases of the Zika virus
but thre´s no record of microcephaly. The spraying of said chemical is being done in
Pernambuco and coincides with the frequent incidence of microcephaly...

Very nice info. Thanks for this very cerebral stimulation!

robal

Robal ...at 63 years of age my memory works well (lol) yup just wanted to share what I know or have read, and reading is fundamental.  Yup GMO word of the Century and a mind is a terrible thing to waste.

I came to Brazil for the concern of Zika...true story and I now live a River across the Zone...now stimulate that...lol

Somewhere in Beautiful,Bountiful,Bonita Brasil.....lol

But I can argue that the virus was isolated and grown from specimens derived from people sick with XIK V. The symptoms are similar to the earlier symptoms when it was first discovered in 1947 at the Zika forest in Uganda.

I don´t know if Pernambuco has an intention to sue Monsanto and be compensated
for the unfortunate events. Only time will tell.

But still be very careful of where you stick your tongue into! I heard throat Zika is very
dangerous due to abundance of vascularization in the area that carries the virus rapidly to the brain! He he  :lol:

robal,  no arguments allowed...lol...aware of how it got where it is today, understand the effect on "Mature/Value/Senior Citizens' (I prefer Mature/lol)
Just glad I was exposed at 59 and not today. I had the fever and body aches and came through unscathed no danger of children being hatched aka no child support...I'm good....
Thanks for the technical side of the virus......see ya around....

Austin