Any American CPA's in HCMC?

Hello All,

Tax time is coming up for U.S. citizens, and my tax form will be complicated with the Social Security issue, so does anyone here know of a Public Accountant here in Saigon who can do U.S. tax forms?
   I'd be much obliged if you could clue me in to one!   :)

Cheers!

Brad

Why not use Turbo Tax or HR Block online? Turbo Tax has a new option where you could chat with a Tax Advisor in real time.

Hello Quid,
   Thank you for this.  I guess that I'm old fashioned and I like to talk to people face-to-face ; )  However, what you talk about sounds interesting.  Tell me, do I need to have some sort of account like Paypal to pay to talk to the Tax Advisor on Turbo Tax?
   And do you believe that there are simply no Accountants in Saigon who can do my special IRS tax forms for me?  Don't they want my money??   ; )

Cheers bud,

Brad

I tried Turbo Tax last year on line and thought it sucked.  It would freeze stop and never save info. Many othet issues. Now I am trying a Company out of California.  Stay tuned.

PM me.

bradwelljackson wrote:

Hello Quid,
   Thank you for this.  I guess that I'm old fashioned and I like to talk to people face-to-face ; )  However, what you talk about sounds interesting.  Tell me, do I need to have some sort of account like Paypal to pay to talk to the Tax Advisor on Turbo Tax?
   And do you believe that there are simply no Accountants in Saigon who can do my special IRS tax forms for me?  Don't they want my money??   ; )

Cheers bud,

Brad

Turbo Tax software can be purchased online with a credit card or PayPal. You can check out their website here.

bradwelljackson wrote:

Hello Quid,

Cheers bud,

Brad

Depending on you situation, you really need a human to more than slice off the annual expat deduction, and pray.  Hope is a not a plan.....and don't forget about FATCA reporting June :-) Reach out yo AI Tax advisors  Based in BKK, they know the rules.

GuidoVN wrote:

.....and don't forget about FATCA reporting June :-)

FACTA does not kick in until you have $50,000 US or equivalent in overseas banks.  Actually I think TurboTax will do the form for you (Form 8938) but you will need to purchase the downloadable Deluxe version.  Of course if you have $50,000 equivalent in a Viet bank you can probably afford an accountant.  :top:   FBAR kicks in earlier at $10,000 US and is due 15 April.  There are no taxes involved; only reporting.  TurboTax does not do FBAR but you can do it online (Form 114) and it is relatively easy.  I just did it, so it's not that tough.  :joking:https://www.fincen.gov/report-foreign-b … l-accounts   This is for personally owned accounts, either individual or joint.  If your accounts are company owned, the reporting is slightly different.  Also remember that if you file FACTA, you still must file FBAR.  Form 8938 goes to the IRS and Form 114 goes to FinCEN, another Treasury Dept. section.

THIGV wrote:
GuidoVN wrote:

.....and don't forget about FATCA reporting June :-)

FACTA does not kick in until you have $50,000 US or equivalent in overseas banks.  Actually I think TurboTax will do the form for you (Form 8938) but you will need to purchase the downloadable Deluxe version.  Of course if you have $50,000 equivalent in a Viet bank you can probably afford an accountant.  :top:   FBAR kicks in earlier at $10,000 US and is due 15 April.  There are no taxes involved; only reporting.  TurboTax does not do FBAR but you can do it online (Form 114) and it is relatively easy.  I just did it, so it's not that tough.  :joking:https://www.fincen.gov/report-foreign-b … l-accounts   This is for personally owned accounts, either individual or joint.  If your accounts are company owned, the reporting is slightly different.  Also remember that if you file FACTA, you still must file FBAR.  Form 8938 goes to the IRS and Form 114 goes to FinCEN, another Treasury Dept. section.

Last time I read the rules, it is combined liquid assets overseas.  If you have 50K or 10K in 1 bank, 2 banks, or 10, it must be declared.  Metals and land are exempted.  The ruleset is so convoluted, I'm happy to hire an expert.....

Yes, I would like to stay tuned.  Let me know : )

bradwelljackson wrote:

Yes, I would like to stay tuned.  Let me know : )

Have you tried a simple google search?  This page has contact info for several major US firms:  https://www.angloinfo.com/hcmc/director … eepers-360

Thank you for this, THIGV.