Need information

hello all,

i m amit from HCM city. i want to know about Vietnam Tax , can any one help me.

regards,

Amit
my no.01207580526

Vietnam personal income tax rates are progressive to 35%. Nonresidents are taxed at a flat tax rate of 20%. Nonemployment income is taxed at rates from 0.1% to 25%.

Taxable Income per year (VND) Tax rate
VND 0 - 60,000,000 5%
VND 60,000,000 - 120,000,000 10%
VND 120,000,000 - 216,000,000 15%
VND 216,000,000 - 384,000,000 20%
VND 384,000,000 - 624,000,000 25%
VND 624,000,000 - 960,000,000 30%
Above VND 960,000,000 35%

Residents - Other tax rates on resident individuals
Income from capital investment, copyright and franchise activities 5%
Income from transfer of capital 20%
Income from transfer of real estate 25%

Non-residents - Other tax rates on non-resident individuals
Income from business and production of goods 1%
Income from business and production of services 5%
Manufacturing, construction, transport and other activities 2%
Salary and wages 20%
Income from capital investment 5%
Transfer of capital 0.1%
Transfer of real estate 2%
Copyright and franchise activities 5%
Lottery wins, inheritance and gifts which are securities, capital or assets 10%

All residents and non-residents are subject to Personal Income Tax in Vietnam.

A resident is liable to pay tax on income sourced in Vietnam as well as on the
portion of income from foreign sources (except for non-taxable income, including
income from real estate transferred between a husband, wife and blood-relations,
scholarships, and overseas remittances).

Deductions are available for family considerations for residents, comprising children
under 18, unemployed spouses and elderly and unemployed parents.

Individuals are responsible for self-declaration and payment of tax.

Tax Basis – Vietnamese residents are taxed on their worldwide income; nonresidents are taxed only on Vietnamese-source income.

Residence – An individual is resident if he/she: (1) spends 183 days or more in the aggregate in a 12-month period in Vietnam starting from the date the individual arrives in Vietnam; (2) maintains a residence in Vietnam; or (3) has leased a residence for 90 days or more in a tax year.

Tax Filing status – Individuals must file separate tax returns; joint tax filing is not permitted.

Taxable income – Employment income, including most employment benefits, is taxable. As from 1 January 2009, dividends (except for government bonds), interest (except for bank deposits and life insurance), capital gains from securities trading, private business income and other income from franchising, inheritance, the transfer of land use rights, and gifts/winnings or prizes are taxable in Vietnam. Profits derived from the carrying on of a trade or profession generally are taxed in the same way as profits derived by companies.

Taxation of Capital gains – Gains from a capital assignment and/or securities trading are subject to 0.1% tax on the gross sale or 20% of net profit.

Thanks lostsouls for clarifying this info. I just read this after posting a similar question in the forum.