Inheritance from Abroad with Nasty Filipina wife

Hello
Anybody know about inheritance laws here in Philippines?

To cut the story short , my wife is a nasty filipina who got most of my lifetime savings then took
off with my child to live with a filipino businessman

But we are still legally married so i wish to know
Now that i inherited a decent amount of money from Europe
If i bring that amount to the Philippines can my evil wife claim any of it saying she is still my legal wife ?

Or can i do whatever i like with it whilst i'm still alive ?
thanks in advance

In your other post, you ask about her death.
Not that anyone would draw any conclusions from that ....

Get legal advice, and at least do a Will in the Philippines (if holding large assets here) and a Will in any other country where the assets are considerable enough for you to think about what will happen to them after you die.

For Australia it depends where the assets are held, if held in Australia (even if I was to die in the Philippines) then the Will made in Australia has all precedence over the assets and the laws of other countries, (OK if I was Rupid Murdock then some one might want to fight for my billions from another country).

This is one reason I leave most of my assets in Australia as I have an understand the law there.  (death, taxes, etc.)

If she is living with and in a relationship with another man while still married to you, that is a crime in the PH. You can get them both busted for that. Karma's a bit*h. Hahaha
I don't think that I'd bring that money over here. Keep in a bank in your own Country and access via debit card or transfers. Most importantly, don't let her or anyone else know that you have it. She would most likely be hard pressed to find out about it on her own.

It sounds like your still planning to stay in the Phils and as stated tell nobody of your new found wealth.
The law in the Philippines is not about the rule of law. But rather who you know and how much you can offer....pay :)
But certainly if they living like you say and a case can be brought against them you would tempted to pass it one to the right people. But while this maybe a crime its also  common in the Phils and so it may not go too far. Also it would be good to know what influence your wife or the new partner could bring against you, In short who do they know.
Maybe let sleeping dogs lie and just change cities or location. Invest your money overseas and take a regular income from it in the Phils. Unless your a citizen you cant own much there anyway.
At least living there you have time to find another partner and get to know them and the family before any major decisions are made

" Private land in Philippines cannot be bequeathed to a foreigner. ... Natural-born Filipino citizens who have lost their Philippine citizenship, subject to certain limitations; Non-Filipino citizens, who can inherit land by hereditary or intestate succession (without a will) but not by testamentary succession (with a will).Nov 21, 2017"
ttps://www.globalpropertyguide.com/Asia/Philippines/Inheritance

But by the look of it she would have to know and prove you had it and no doubt prove her hardship.

But look here
https://lawyerphilippines.org/2018/03/0 … ign-wills/

Brexit4ever wrote:

Hello
Anybody know about inheritance laws here in Philippines?

To cut the story short , my wife is a nasty filipina who got most of my lifetime savings then took
off with my child to live with a filipino businessman

But we are still legally married so i wish to know
Now that i inherited a decent amount of money from Europe
If i bring that amount to the Philippines can my evil wife claim any of it saying she is still my legal wife ?

Or can i do whatever i like with it whilst i'm still alive ?
thanks in advance

I do apologies I did not read your post clearly the first time, in my first comment here.

I see your question is about:  What happens to the inherited money when you bring it to the Philippines and both you and your estranged wife are still alive.  Can she get the inherited money while you are both still alive?
and not about inheritance.      (In regards to her getting money that has being bequeathed to you from an inheritance, I have never heard of a country that says that if the husband/wife is bequeathed an inheritance that the wife has a legal entitlement to that inheritance / asset.)

I have no idea how she could get your money while you are alive, unless you give it to her?

Just a question, you stated that the first instance she took your money.  How did she take you money the first time?

As before I do apologies for not reading your post clearly the first time.

Well I sure wouldn't bring it here. I'd invest it in your home country and tap it periodically. That's how I do it and many others, and I think it's safer.

Thanks so much and please excuse my English.
Yes i meant exactly what you just mentioned because i was forced to move on with another Companion after my still legal wife took off with my child seeking greener pastures.

She was able to steal a lot and sell my house whilst i was abroad by using a Fake '' Special Power of Attorney" allowing her to also withdraw from my Philippine banks accounts etc.
Unfortunately she is well connected with Lawyers Judges Politicians so it's a lost battle if i force her into a courtroom.

My only concern is that i am now financially stable and back on my feet with my new companion plus 1 child and was wondering if she could still jump out and claim to be my legal wife (after taking off 11 years ago) if she learned i  inherited a decent sum from Abroad. I have used part of the money to buy a house and car in the name of my live in partner but she has her own business that can justify those purchases if ever?
My child with new companion is underage and my child with legal wife is above 18.
The dilemma i'm holding is regarding to while i am still alive.
I'm convinced she can't claim anything but knowing the strange laws of the Philippines?

Regards & Thanks again for your quick response

Hi Fred this is my 1st post so i'm not sure which post you are referring to?

Brexit4ever wrote:

Hi Fred this is my 1st post so i'm not sure which post you are referring to?

Brexit4ever wrote:

Do you also lose Permanent Residence Status if your Pinay Wife passes away ? Tks

That one. :)

ah ok ? sorry hehe i was just wondering because somebody mentioned losing permanent residence if you divorce a Pinay Lady so would the same apply to becoming a widow.
Cheers

Well with your handle you may be a Brit. In the states you can put the money in a blind trust with you in control of the trust. Then she can search forever and not find it as it is in the trusts name.

leave your money where it is, use xoom.com or western union to bring in as needed, you don't need more than 500 ,000 peso in any filipine bank at one time, problem solve , as for the wife out of sight out of mind

I have used part of the money to buy a house and car in the name of my live in partner but she has her own business that can justify those purchases if ever? ......... WOW YOU NEVER LEARN, put the house in your new baby name, not your live in partner, you live in partner can throw you out at will, but your child has to be grown before he or she can throw you out the house, you be wise to speak with a lawyer, GOOD LUCK YOU WILL NEED IT

I will advise you to keep your money in your home country and invest it there.

Secondly, if you want to avoid the future stress this woman might bring to you, You can file a divorce and re-marry the new woman in your life.( Then how are you sure the new woman is not the bird of the same feather).

You have to use your convinced discretion here.

Goodluck to you.

Brexit4ever???

Isn't it fortunate for us Expats? That the Philippine People, are more

tolerant of Foreigners than the Xenophobic Morons, in the UK?