New members of the USA forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the USA forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in the USA if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

hi to all,

thanks for welcoming me here,hope somebody help me here to look for a job in usa and how to start applying in your country...

Best regard,
Violet

Hello everyone,

Thanks for welcoming me here!

I am a new expat and plan to move to Florida in the fall for 6 months and then return to Canada. I welcome any tips and suggestions for moving/living in Florida.

Cheers!
Melissa.

Missyishollywood78 wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for welcoming me here!

I am a new expat and plan to move to Florida in the fall for 6 months and then return to Canada. I welcome any tips and suggestions for moving/living in Florida.

Cheers!
Melissa.

Welcome snow bird.  Are you going to do this every year?

Hello. A vietnamese person I know would like to sell their property in ho chi Minh city.  Can you provide assistance  ?

hi guys
I'm a Bulgarian lady trying to plan and eventually move to Middletown, Delaware
I love: reading classic books, hike in the mountains, long walks on the beach
I'd love to meet new friend there and spend some fun time together exploring local attractions and sights. As far as my professional career is concerned, currently i'm an seo manager for todayflowerdelivery.com flower delivery online shop and we'll be more than happy if I met other professionals in this field to share experience and ideas with.

I am currently living in the USA with my wife Sonia who is from Brazil.  She has her Green Card. I was serving as an Expert ob Brazil forum,

Jim

Hi thank you for welcoming me I'm here to help other expat where to stay without fear I'm a nurse and I understand how your want to be treated and help with out fear in coming home enjoy family and relax

Hi all, I am not an expat yet, just exploring the possibilities. I want honest answers to how expats are treated and the quality of services available overseas.

I am also looking for US expats abroad who would like to supplement their income.

Thanks for the welcome,
Michael

Can I be your friend? Am living in Tanzania right also I dream to live in  any abroad  in Bulgaria and  the U.S

Hello I am interested, thank you

Hello,
My name is Sven and my family and I are Expats in the US since 2016. My wife's from Czech and I am German.
We're going to move to HCMC by mid of the year and we were hoping to get feedback from the forum community on questions we may have, us becoming Expats in Vietnam soon.
Nevertheless, I'm happy to share my experiences with
the community in regards of being or becoming an Expat here in the US.

Regards,
Sven

Hello, thank you for the welcome.

We are just at the planning phase, and would welcome advice and pointing in the right direction for our plans to move to California. We are a professional couple (Nurse/ Lecturer and Dentist) and plan to sell our dental business to fund our move to US.

We understand California won't accept U.K. dentists, so we plan to buy our home and find jobs in other sectors, where our skills may be used elsewhere.

Any advice and support would be very much welcomed.

Stephen & Adrian

Hi everyone, found this page on Google.  Currently in the UK and thinking about moving to New York.  I'm a registered nurse in the UK so would welcome any nurses to get in touch if they have any useful advise, contacts or anything really.  Thanks in advance

Hello I'm a nurse here in US for 35 years , a good place for nurses like everyplace you need to PASS NCLEX which I think you won't have any problem for nurses but for dentist had nobodies how they can get a work permit, go US dept of labor regulations for California , that would help , and good luck hope to see you soon Tessa

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen

I'm Daniel. I plan to move up to USA from IRAN, but have no idea which ways are proper. Thank you

Hi all, I'm Tim from Duluth

Hi community. My name is Andy, I live in San Marsoc, California.
I enjoy traveling, hiking and swimming

Elalelic wrote:

Hi community. My name is Andy, I live in San Marsoc, California.

Do you mean San Marcos, north of San Diego?

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed. Please register your services in the business directory. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you for the welcome!
I am a Florida native, US speaker and can help people with their English needs, especially in business. I am passionate about learning. I spent 30 years in the newspaper business - advertising, marketing and production with extensive customer contact as well as managing employees. In the last 4 years I moved to the online learning industry and have thoroughly enjoyed the transition.
**** I look forward to interacting with many members here!

Reason : More like promotion of your own services instead of an introduction.

Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you

Hello...

Hello Vuyol!
How are you? Where are you living and what is your profession?
Thank you!

Hi, I'm well thank you. I'm currently in South Africa. I'm a qualified electrician.

Wow, some of my family used to live in Johannesburg. What a small world!

Hi everyone, 

I'm  new in this forum.  I'm from Thailand and now I'm living in Virginia.

Hello everyone,

Longtime lurker of the the forum from the US, probably my second actual post. I was born in the US to Vietnamese parents and basically I want to make a connection with my relatives in Vietnam to learn more about my heritage. 2018 was my first time to Vietnam and before going I had read up on what to do, kind of expect  and what not to do while in Vietnam; the forum was extremely helpful then. Anyhow i have another trip to vietnam scheduled for May and this time to plan to stay just about two months but if i didnt have any things i had to take care of back here in the states, i would have opted to stay for as long as i could.

Lambert82 wrote:

I was born in the US to Vietnamese parents and basically I want to make a connection with my relatives in Vietnam to learn more about my heritage. 2018 was my first time to Vietnam. Anyhow i have another trip to vietnam scheduled for May and this time to plan to stay just about two months but if i didnt have any things i had to take care of back here in the states, i would have opted to stay for as long as i could.

Get yourself a VEC so you don't have to worry about visa for the next 5 years.  You can do it yourself for as little as $20, or have a Vietnamese travel agency in the States send it in for $80.

I have US citizenship, would i even qualify? My mother still is listed as having Vietnamese citizenship but she left the country back in 79 or 80. My father,i dont talk to him anymore, has US citizenship also after taking the test.

Hi, Ed here, newly relocated to Atlanta, Georgia.  Originally from Singapore.  Ping me if you would like to discuss anything related to: Singapore/Asia, Atlanta, Food, Soccer, Project Management, Change Management, Consulting, Neil Gaiman, Murakami, Beers.  Can't believe I've summed up my life in 30 seconds.  ;)

Hi all: Thanks for the welcome! I'm an American living in NYC planning to marry an Albanian and looking for more information about the best way to go about the Visas, etc., for him. We are still trying to figure if we should do the Fiance visa or if I should just go to Albania to marry and then apply for that visa here. Is there anyone who has gone through this with an Albanian national? Trying to learn all I can. Thank you!

Hi My name is Debby and I am from South Africa.  Would love to visit the Chattanooga area and explore this region.  It is one of my items on my bucket list.  Would love to find a seasonal job for as long as required, while I am there but if I cannot I will be okay with touring for about 3 weeks.

At this stage there is such an information overload that I don't know where to start, I would love to start work there in 2020 or end of 2019 but am so confused

I may have a job if you need -

Hi! My name is Renato, I'm 23 and I'm from Brazil where I still live. I want to move to the USA and I'm currently looking for a EB3 unskilled worker visa to start my life in the US. I have always liked the great culture of this country and all It has to offer for the people.

Hi, what job would that be?

Hi everyone,

I'm a french student and I will travel to San Diego for 1 month this summer in order to practice English and to discover the city.
I'm searching for students who live in San Diego and who'd be available in july to get to know each other and to make me discover the city !
You can send me a message if you're interested !

Thanks,

Alexandre

Alexandre14 wrote:

I'm searching for students who live in San Diego and who'd be available in july to get to know each other and to make me discover the city !

You'll get much better result with these venues:

SD International Meetup
SD New In Town Meetup
All Things SD Meetup
International Friends in SD
SD Social
Polyglots & Language Lovers SD

There are dozens and dozens of such groups.  Also pin a postcards on the hundreds of bulletin boards in the 50+ colleges and universities in SD area (assuming you're college age -- 18 - 24).

Ok, I'm gonna go check it out !  Thank you very much !

hello

Closed