New members of the Senegal forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Senegal forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Senegal if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Salut!

My name is Courtney Henry and I am thinking of making a move to the beautiful country of Senegal later this year. I have visited several times, as my husband is from there and this April I plan to stay for a little over a month to really get a feel for things and try to find work.

I am American but have been living abroad for the past year in Berlin. I work as a professional contemporary ballet dancer. I was in a prestigious ballet company in the U.S., Alonzo King LINES Ballet, for seven years and this last year has been my venture into freelancing in which my work is more project and guest-artist based. Giving me more time to focus on other creative development through the mediums of writing, film, teaching, and choreography. 

I am participating in a few dance festivals and have organized to teach one workshop for the month of April. It is through an organization that I have worked with in the past. As you know, with most of the dance vocabulary here in Senegal being traditional, I was surprised at how hungry the students are for differing disciplines. I feel thrilled to exchange my classical background through a contemporary lens with them!

While her for the month of April I am looking to begin teaching private lessons as well. Specifically in ballet for all ages (adults included!). Please feel free to check out my classifieds ad that I have just recently posted for more info.

In general, I am looking to connect with like minded creatives. My husband is also an artist, a traditional Kora player, and I am in search of an artistic community of writers, thinkers, movers and shakers in the melting pot that is Dakar.

Looking forward to connecting!

with heart,
COURTNEY HENRY
dancer*writer>model~creative
**ELOHIM**