New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Italy forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Italy if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

i wana move to italy and work there. am a nutritionist by profession with a degree in foods, nutrition & dietetics

i am a kenyan.i wana move to italy and work there. am a nutritionist by profession with a degree in foods, nutrition & dietetics

Living in Colico, Italy about an hour and a half north of Milan, Just got my Pemesso renewed.  Retired.

Trying to figure out how to get an Italian driver's license. Puzzling through the health care system.

Interested in language exchange or instruction in Italian.  If there are any hiking, walking, or travel meet-ups would be interested if in or near Colico.

Hi, I'm Katie - I've just moved to Turin as part of my degree course. I'm here until June and just looking to meet some people in/around Turin who may like to go on weekend trips somewhere!

How do you like it in Turin? I've heard it is a fabulous, overlooked city. I am north of Milan an hour and a half.

It's really beautiful! That sounds great!

Good day,

Retired adult TCK/Global Nomad (grew up in Japan, Italy only 2 years in Milano, UK, Indian Country and the States), disabled Vet, Psychologist and sr. RX Counselor. Massage Therapist, Reiki III. MISS living in other countries, States are broken, selfish and greedy. At the moment, living in Portland, OR so happy here...BUT...exploring options...

Hey everyone,
    Still living in the USA but hoping to move part time to southern Italy. Have a few years before retirement.
Question.... Do the taxes their double the cost of purchasing an apartment for a non resident?
Thank you

Hi!  I am currently in Milan for a month, looking for a place to live for about a year, starting Fall 2019.
I'd like to connect with other expats, and make new friends.

Simply I'm male person.living in brescia,Italy.Looking a female character to  enjoy the life.

You need only sound???no more??

Jayasuriya leenas wrote:

Simply I'm male person.living in brescia,Italy.Looking a female character to  enjoy the life.

I suggest that you get out and about and you will meet people.

Hi all,

I've been here in Bari a couple of months, work's been really busy so I've only just had the opportunity to log on here.

Great first impressions of the place, really nice people, great food, lovely wine, I've managed to see a few sights so far but many more to see, when (if?) I have time.

About me? I seem to collect countries like people collect old cameras! I've lived in 8.

Hi there! I'll be visiting Italy for the Leopardi Writing Conference this summer, and I'm looking to connect with expats in Italy -- especially writers of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Thanks!

I am an American Architect living in Milan since 1992 - Italy. Involved in Cruise Ship Design and owner of a Digital Agency in Milan. Also run an Italian Lifestyle Blog called Casa Chiesi.

Hello!

I'm Bella, Australian/Italian, living in Altamura, working in Bari - missing living in a multicultural society! I'd love to meet other foreigners, especially to go hiking :)

PM me if you feel the same way.

Hi,
I am Canadian, but also with Italian citizenship (Jus Sanguinis) through my mother and have living close relatives in the Lazio area whom I have visited fairly regularly over the past couple of years. I am seriously considering taking up permanent residence in Italy.

I speak a little Italian, am retired and my wife and myself live comfortably on our pension income. I am a lover of history, enjoy new technology, do some video editing as a hobby, we are both opera lovers and we do at least one European holiday a year. Our permanent home at present is in Western Canada, close to the mountains.

I would love to take my wife to at least one opera performance in the Caracalla, we have been to one in the colosseo of Verona. Then there remains many unexplored areas of Italy I would love to travel to, such as the Cinque Terre region, Fruili etc. The last region we explored was the Sicilian region in the East.

I will ask questions as I go along.

Hi I'm Kelvin from Singapore, currently living in Milan for close to 2 years now. Looking for people to network and hang out with. Perhaps if you're a sports person like me, we can organise a game of tennis as well. Feel free to hit me up! :)

Hi everyone,
I'm Ali. I'm moving to Modica, Sicily in May. Would love to meet up with anyone local to the town, or in Sicily generally.

im coming soon

I'm an American/Italian women. I would like to move there in September and would like to meet expats. But in the meantime, I'm looking for advice  and/or on realtor contacts on apartment hunting because I live in Genoa.
I'm looking for a permanent residence on the top floor near the center of the city (20 mins walking time) I am very responsible and would carefully take care of the property. Happy for any advice or any contacts you can supply.
Btw - I will be there MAY 6th till the 15th if anyone would like to meet up! 😄 Warm regards, Judith  Grazie! (Also how do you like living in Palermo?)

Hi, I'm from London, England living in Germany. I will be moving to Bari this year sometime. I am already researching and gathering information about the place. Hopefully I get to meet some of you soon.

Asha

I am from the United States (Boston) and plan to move in the next year to Sicily (Trapani/Valderice area). I am a nurse, but I am transitioning to a career in the wine industry. Looking to network and research my move.

Greetings,

My name is Elise - and I am recently (early) retired from the US government - and exploring places I might live/spend more time in during retirement - in the Mediterranean region.  I will spend more than six weeks staying in several places in southern Italy, including Lecce (where I arrive today), the Amalfi Coast area and Cilento (in Campagnia).  Would love to connect with expats in these places who could share stories and advice! 

Cheers,
Elise

I am thinking to move to Italy but I have do not know how much I will pay in taxes
Any of you can help?  Grazie  Romanina!!!!

Hi - Rhea here.  My husband and I have land in Abruzzo (near Atessa and Vasto).  It is a long term project to set up a residence there.  We have been learning slowly how to navigate all the Italian processes - not easy for sure!  Our next big things are to change the car registration and exchange an Irish driving license for an Italian one.  Wish us luck!

Hello everyone!
I'm Brazilian and I'll be moving to Venice in September (soon!)

I'm a future student at Ca' Foscari University. I'll spend the next 3 years in the city.
Hope to find some friends here =)

Good day I'm Renetia and would love to move to Italy for work. I'm a Somatologist and have worked abroad on cruise liners before and also at the Taj Mahal.

I absolutely loved the little city called Gaeta where my partner is from.

Hi everyone,
I'm Gisele from Australia 🇦🇺 moving to Milan in August on a working holiday visa and currently looking for a job. I don't speak any Italian and was wondering if it's possible to get a job without any knowledge of the language. Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Ciao everyone,

My name is Carole and my husband been thinking of moving to Italy.  My husband is Italian by both his parents but I'm not,  :sosad:

Frankly we don't really know where to start.  Do we rent or buy?  Where to settle down?  How about the health system in Italy, how is it?

What we absolutly have to avoid doing? and so on...

Do you think that you could give us some pointers?

I can't wait to read you.

Welcome, Carole :)

Unless you know the area why would you buy? I recommend visiting several areas that cater to your lifestyle. So rent first. Maybe take a trip out and visit?

Hello there,I'm new here is there many mountains to hike or different natures there in Italy to hike in?

Hi good morning  I am new here .I have interested to go ,work and experience what is in therein Italy. Especially Nature's
And some Environmental things care..

I look forward to participating in the Italian and especially the Tuscan Expat community.  Moving to Bucine (near Siena and Arezzo) in the autumn of 2019 with my partner.  We are young and youthful retirees excited to call Italy home.  Please check out my profile and say hello.  Thank you.

Hello I've been searching an available job in Italy. About environment or how can I help about it.And try to learn more about Italy

Hi there ,how did you start to be a freelance over there...may I able to do that also for sharing some ideas to the people ?

Traveler with many interests and some skills.

Hello,

My wife, Sara and I, currently live in Texas, in the USA.  We are very interested in relocated to Florence, Italy or somewhere within the Tuscan region.

I am a data analyst by trade and my wife is a classically trained pastry chef. We are both currently trying to learn Italian to improve our communication ability.  I currently work for a web-hosting firm in the United States in our Customer Experience Operations team.

Ciao Marcopro

Likewise my husband and I are moving to Tuscany in the next couple of months  :D We are Irish, also early retired and enjoy hiking, cycling, walking, swimming...We've spent the last 4 years travelling the world. Time to settle and Italy is our choice  :top:
So many things to organise, not least Italian language to learn  :o . It would be good to get to know people, make friends and enjoy activities together...this is my dream  :cheers:

Closed