Which is the best Island 🌴 to visit

Hey guys 😊, I'm new on this site and I'm just curious on everyone's favorite island 🌴?

Probably Langkawi with its access to Koh Lipe  (Thailand). On the east coast probably Perhentian Kecil. To live on - then Penang.

Redang is good too...

The one advantage of Langkawi is the duty free, plus you have Kuta which is a fair size town to pick up anything you need. The islands off the East Coast have much better diving/snorkling and island life, but very short of any restaurants/shopping/bars. To find that you almost have to go to Langkawi. Tioman used to be my favoriate, but haven't been there in several years, I was at Langkawi 2-3 times last year and one nobody's mentioned is Pankor (not the best for the water or night life, but not bad for a quick get away).

I was only in Redang once and at the time there was only one very expensive resort, and the water was just 'okay'. After that I started going only to Tioman and Langkawi with an occasional trip to Pankor.

In what I consider good qualities of an island, Penang would be the bottom because its basically a big, busy city. Tioman is famous because of the movie, South Pacific, and all the islands on the east side are lovely and beautiful.

I used to like Langkawi but not anymore, its too busy. I first went to Langkawi in 2000 and was basically alone. Arriving by the ferry from Alor Setar, I was offered a taxi ride and declined, i said i would walk. When you leave Kuah town there is no more life and there I was walking east and north to my hotel, carrying a non-rolling suitcase. After five hours of walking, i was ready to just sit down and die from the heat. I gave up. I layed down in the middle of nowhere, nobody around and no cars and no water and no shade, propped myself against the suitcase and said goodbye in prayers, apologizing to all the people I had hurt in this life. About three hours later a policeman drove by and stopped. He came and shook me and asked what the H-LL I was doing there? He got me up and took me to my hotel and i lived. Next day, I rented a Proton for RM10/day and taught myself to drive. On Wednesday nights once a month, restaurants in Kuah town gave away free food as a street party, so I got that too. I went to the duty-free shop and bought a bottle of Vodka and one of Scotch, and went to the north beach and drank myself silly, being the one and only human being on the entire beach. Next day I hiked to 7 Wells, met amazing friends who had never met an american before, and toured round and round in the car, learning and nearly having accidents every few minutes. Next day I walked the long walk through the mangroves to the one and only reason I went to Langkawi in the first place, to see the Barn Thai restaurant. What a joy that was. Before I came to Malaysia, I was in america and met someone who had vacationed in Malaysia and they showed me this brochure of a restaurant, the Barn Thai. I had never seen anything like this and they said, you must go! They were right, I must go! Meantime, then PM Mahathir promised to never let Langkawi grow or be spoiled but that proved to be a lie and today its just not the same.

Eventually, a visitor should see as many as possible, there is no reason to avoid any. I know plenty of people who dont enjoy the solitude of a quiet, tropical island so I cant say whats best. But I would say to someone who does love the tropics, enjoy as much of the wonderful natural beauty here before its all gone.

Langkawi is too busy with tourists and it became expensive due to its popularity. Locals are fishing out all the fish using the net and dynamite. If you go there, be aware of using a cable car. It got stuck with the passengers in the cars for many hours twice last year.

Islands off Kota Kinabalu are also very crowded with tourists. Unfortunately tourists leave trash everywhere and ruin corrals. Boats are running on diesel and ruin marine life and your time on the beach.

Redang  and  Perhentian Kecil are closed until March due to the weather. They can be interesting to visit.

Redang, tioman, langkawi islands

Maldives.
Benn there. Seen it. Won't be back.