Keeping fit in Sri Lanka

Hello everyone,

Keeping fit during your time in Sri Lanka is of utmost importance. How about sharing with us and your fellow expats how you keep healthy in your host country?

What are your daily health hacks in Sri Lanka?

Do you exercise regularly? What is your go-to sport?

Do you manage to keep your diet healthy and balanced? How easy is it to maintain a balanced diet in Sri Lanka? Are you able to find organic products easily?

Are there national or local incentives to foster a healthy lifestyle: sensitisation campaigns, sports infrastructure etc. ?

How much of your monthly budget is dedicated to keeping fit?

Please share your experience,

Priscilla

Living in Sri Lanka has it's perks especially if you love looking fab and staying fit. I was not even into jogging let alone a regular jogger until I started living here in Sri Lanka. I guess the cool, scenic and breezy parks helped a lot plus the warm and friendly culture was easy to blend in.
In my 8 years of residing in Sri Lanka has made me look my best in all my 41 years of life. I live in a tropical paradise with an abundance of succulent fresh fruits and healthy arrays of vegetables that I never get tired of experimenting in the kitchen.
There are so many gyms around if you want to work out and swimmings pools if you feel like a dip for me its 2 to 3 times a week and plenty of coastal places to go to spend a glorious day on the beach. Its quite safe too.

It's lovely to exercise by the beach, but it's hard to find a good selection of health foods. For example, can't find oat bran (this is different from oats), flax seed, pumpkin seeds, pecan nuts, walnuts, etc.