Aquaponics or Hydroponics vegetable gardens

Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has tried either Hydroponic or Aquaponic types of farming, small scale of course, perhaps in their back garden? I am interested in trying my hand at growing a few vegetables and perhaps some fruits (in Sri Lanka) and would appreciate any feedback, stories or expertise.

Thanks!
Dimple

Hi, Me too looking forward to aquaphonics. Will let you know if something comes-up.

Hi Dimpz and PsyKing
I got the equipment for a very small hydroponic setup but have not found the time to start it up yet.

Hi,
We have a large estate with an elderly care facility in Bandaragama and I've been thinking of aquaponics for some months now, feel free to get in touch should you wish to set it up on my estate. Please see Cinnamon Care elderly care facility for more info and contact details.

Hi Haaland,

From where did you get the equipment?

Hi.. My friend is trying to get into it and is looking for some of the items. Would you be able to advise where he could get a IBC 1000L tank.

Hello Audzfo,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

This topic dates back to 2017. I would advise you to create a new topic on the Sri Lanka forum to increase your chances of receiving a response.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hi I would like to share some thoughts about Aquaponics farming with you. Please contact me

21st June, 2023

Hi All,

I am interested in developing a home based Hydroponic/Aquaponic system.  I would like to visit an existing project anywhere in Sri Lanka to get some basic information on how I should proceed.

Hope there will be someone who can assist.

Best regards

Srilal Perera