Work Permit and Z visa

Hi guys,
Im applying for Z visa to work in CHina now however I feel lost some time . My company require me to provide . Income Tax Certificate from my old company however I can not have it . Is it compulsory for it? I read some topic related to it but dont have any mention abt it.Please kindly advise.
Thank you

That is an odd request. That is not a government stipulation, as far as I am aware. I would guess that it is your employer's stipulation and not anything connected with the government.

I would suggest you ask the person who is requiring this to direct you to the particular police and security branch so that you can talk with them directly. The chances are is that they will not do this, as it is an employer request.

As such, you either give it to them, or you don't get the job. It's terrible I know, but you must be working with a non-Chinese company. I find it very unusual to see this asked by anyone in China.

Thanks Vannrox,
I am asking them abt it .
Tracy

Dear Tracy:

Here are the documents we require per the government rules for all NEW hires:

1. BA degree (in anything)
2. TEFL certification (min. 120 hours)
3. Criminal Background check (must be from your home country and from where you live in your home country.  For example you live in the US in California in LA, so you need it from LA, California.)

These three items will need to be notarized and then apostilled and finally you will need the local Chinese embassy where you live in your home country to stamp them.

Next, you will send a photo or scan of the face page of your passport which must be current and have at least 6 months remaining and at least 2 pages for visas.  Along with that you need a passport size photo with white background that is also scanned and sent and a ONE page CV (resume)  These are items 4-6

Item 7 is a health check, but the employer in China needs to send you the form to use and you have your doctor fill it out.  Sometimes the employer in China will ask you to notarize this form like items 1-3, but it's usually not necessary.

These 7 items are the ONLY items you should have to send.  After the employer has them and inputs all of them into the central system here then the government will issue the employer a Letter of Invite, you will take that letter and proof you have booked a flight to China to your embassy and they will then process your initial Z-visa which is good for 30 days upon arrival.  It's good for 6 months to allow you to come but ONLY 30 days once you are here.  Your employer must then convert this visa into your 6 month or 1 year Z-visa...that will depend on the rating your employer has with their local city and Provincial government entities. 

We have the ability to get our NEW hires and renewals for ONE year.  We have a B visa rating which is typical for English Language schools.  Many only have C visas which means they must renew their teacher's visas every 6 months, we do it once a year.  Only public Universities can get A visas which are good for 2 years and ONLY for PhD qualified instructors. 

DO NOT COME TO CHINA ON ANYTHING BUT A Z-VISA IF YOU PLAN TO WORK AS A TEACHER!  You can not convert any other type of visa once you are here and you will be sent back to your home country to do this process from the start...don't trust ANYONE who tells you something different!  Student and Business or Tourist visas can NOT be converted to Z-visas!!!!!

Know your employer, don't be taken in...many agents are not honest...be careful.  If you need more info feel free to PM me.

LRai

Thanks dear! It's ok now, just the 1st time they do it so they just dont know clear abt it.
I already sent them all the needed docs, do you often long does it take to get  来华工作许可通知 ?

hi Tracy, I think after you have submitted all the documents correctly ... would take about 2 weeks time

Dear Tracy and anyone else....

It can take up to 6 months to hire a new foreign teacher from the time we submit the first doc until the Letter of Invite is issued.  Don't think this process is quick...it used to take 2 months but now you are lucky if it only takes 4 months.  Be prepared to wait and have delays.

As for the tax document, many banks are now asking for a tax ID number.  You will need to check with your local company about what they require.  If you are from the USA this is your social security number.  Other countries have different ID numbers.  Your Chinese employer has a tax ID number so if you change employers you will need your old employers number to give to your new employer.  The bank may ask for it as well.

Rules here are changing a lot so be patient and be prepared for delays and people not being sure about things.  It's just how things work here.

LRai

Thanks Dear,
I already got the Letter of Invite to work in China from Chinese governemt after 5 days applied.
Now im applying for Z visa and come to china to finish all the rest docs .

Hope everthing will be ok

Thanks you so much

Tracy:

Good luck I hope all works well for you.

Will a drink driving conviction (DUI) recorded on a criminal record check prevent a z visa from being processed?

Dear Nato76:

I really don't know but it's a good question to ask.  I will check with my Ops people and see if they can get me an answer.  It might prevent you from getting a Chinese drivers license, but I am not sure if it would keep you from getting a Z-visa.

it will certainly prohibit from renewal of driving license (not sure for how long) .. .and since its recorded in as criminal act it will therefore effect on your points for getting Z Visa.

Thanks for the reply.

The DUI was very low range and a small fine was paid along with a 3 month restricted license. The law is under .05 and I blew .07 That was 4 years ago, I have an open license now.

My potential employer is aware of this and is not sure either. He said that as long as it passes the local government process then it's fine because the Chinese Embassy does not ask for it.

I have a Master's Degree, a Bachelor's Degree, a TEFL and have been teaching in Cambodia for the last 3 years. It would be a shame to get refused a Z Visa for China for this silly mistake.

It would be great if I could get some answers..

Thanks again!

Thanks for your reply.

Is there a way of checking your own points for a Z Visa?

Thanks again...

Nato76:

As far as I know there is NO way for a person to check their points, the employer can but not the person applying.  I will see if I can find out anything on the other but please know that how things work can differ from province to province.  Some places are very strict whereas others are not so strict.  We can often get things to work here in Jilin Province where they won't work in Shanghai or Beijing...go figure.

Thank you Irai.

The place I am hoping to go to is Ulanqab/Wulanchabu, Inner Mongolia. I am hoping they are kind to me.

I guess it will be an anxious wait....

https://nhglobalpartners.com/china-work … rk-permit/

was trying to upload the pic showing the points score table but can't... can check above link and search on google for china work permit points system ... would clearly show the requirements and classification of work permits for A,B,C level workers.

nato76, i think your case is not an issue and so you should easily get the work permit.

Thanks,

By using the chart I easily qualify but it's just the DUI on my police record from 4 years ago that is the issue.

Maybe the fact that the position is in Ulanqab/Walanchabu might go in my favour.

Time will tell!

UPDATE: I thought I would give an update regarding a DUI conviction and being granted a Z Visa.

Whilst I am sure that this has come up before, I understand that people would be reluctant to share their particular story..... anyway, here's mine.

As mentioned, I have a DUI recorded conviction from three years ago on my criminal history report. Admittedly it is low range but it's there all the same. Now despite numerous attempts to find any real answers through many hours of reading various forums/threads, I could not seem to get a straight answer.

I imagine that this could possibly be the case because a) people (understandably) prefer not to share their private information, b) they have failed in their attempt to obtain a Z Visa and, for whatever reason, decided not to share their outcome, or C) they have indeed been successful in their quest for a Z Visa  and (again quite understandably) gone on their merry way swearing to never disclose this little secret to anyone.

So after days of reading, posting, phoning etc.. this is what I have been able to assess. THERE IS CERTAINLY NO STRAIGHT ANSWER. I say this because from the various forums that I have read, most of the answer were from people saying that they know a friend, who knows a friend, who worked with someone, who's second cousin was granted a Z Visa despite having a DUI conviction. Not exactly encouraging stuff I know.

On the other hand, I was given some very useful (and encouraging) information from someone in the teaching/education business who assured me that each case is treated differently. This is especially the case in regards to the location of the proposed employment. It was explained to me that different cities/towns have different guidelines. I guess this is all about numbers. Beijing may have many available teachers, whist smaller towns are struggling to fill their available positions. Also. it might also be the old case of, it's not what you know, it's who you know!

So with my spirits lifted with this new found piece of valuable information, I continued to read various forums. In doing so, I stumbled across a link for a business advisory service in Beijing (I won't mention names). So I sent them an email explaining my situation and I received this very blunt reply from their Assistant Manager, ''I HEREBY GIVE YOU OUR COMMENTS PER OUR PAST EXPERIENCES AND ALSO THE CRIMINAL LAW OF CHINA. A DUI CONVICTION HISTORY WOULD PREVENT THE Z VISA APPLICATION". So after reading that statement, and clearing my ears from all the shouting,  I again began to feel a little unsure about my prospect of working in China.

So with few options left, I contacted my potential employer (who I had been straight up with regarding my DUI conviction from the beginning) to say that I was feeling a little less confident about my chances of being granted a Z Visa. She said not to worry just yet and that she would speak with her ''visa people in government". When I applied for this position I had already gone ahead and had all my documents authenticated as I new this would take time. She was impressed with this I think.

So I waited eagily for her reply and late last night she messaged me to say, ''Hello, please pack your bags, I got answer from government and no problem''.

Woohoo!

So I guess there are number of things to take from this, 1) don't drink and drive! 2) asking people on forums can be hit and miss, 3) China has no consistently when it comes to granting visas, and 4) It doesn't matter where you are, it may still come down to, "it's not what you know, it's who you know!"

..... I'm off to pack my bags, thanks to those who responded to my queries. I will owe you a beer when I'm in China (no drink driving though!)  🍺🚖🚔🙄

Cheers,

Nato

Nato76:

Congrats and welcome to the MAZE of laws that is China.  I wish you all the best.

LRai

lrai wrote:

Nato76:

Congrats and welcome to the MAZE of laws that is China.  I wish you all the best.

LRai

Hello Nato. is it ok if you message so i can acquire from you a bit of private information. I think your settings does not allow messages.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am unsure as to why that would be the case. I get messages all the time without any problems at all.

Nato

NATO76 wrote:

Hello,

I am unsure as to why that would be the case. I get messages all the time without any problems at all.

Nato

hahaha. sorry my bad. i was referring to Irai lol.

Flex 14:

I have sent you a PM...feel free to respond.

LRai

@NATO76

sincerely I offer you the greatest congratulations. One thing that you will discover in china that everything is often treated as a "special and unique" case. As such, it is always best to be the best person that you can be. Smile and make friends, and be optimistic. If you are good and you have friends, there will always be a way to get things done in china.

you were blessed. When an opportunity comes for you to help someone out, and the roles are reversed in such a way that you can help someone else, do so. Keep the faith and "pass it forward".

Anyone suggestions how long the China Z Visum application from application till i get back my passport  will take when applied in The Netherlands @China embassy? (Asuming that all my paperwork is fine&up2date) Acc the embassy 1-6weeks but from other people i get different info.
Martijn Prijden

Dear Martjjn:

It has been our experience that it can now take 4 to 6 months depending on the applicant and/or the employer and/or the local government people.  There is no rule now.

Here is what I can tell you...if you give your prospective employer ALL the proper paperwork quickly and they process it quickly, and the local government does their job quickly then you could do this in 6 weeks...however, that is if everyone does everything quickly and without any issues.

My experience is that the prospective employee doesn't turn items into the prospective employer in a timely manner.  That delays things by weeks.  Then we find issues and then that can take time to sort out.  Every delay now in this process doesn't delay by days but can and does delay things by weeks.  NO JOKE.

For example, we need your degree and it must have the Chinese embassy stamp on it.  That can take several weeks for someone to do.  It can mean a trip to the Chinese embassy, you take the document there and leave it to be stamped...10 days later you must return to get it as some embassies can take that long to just stamp the documents.  Then you must submit them to us and we submit to the local government and that too takes time so by the time everything has been done nearly a month is over. 

I tell anyone who has applied to work for me to be patient and give this process up to 6 months.  However if they get me paperwork quickly then it won't take as long.

BTW do you have all the proper documents...that will help.  I am not sure where you are applying for a job in China or what job...but that too will affect things.  ALL provinces are NOT the same...so the rule of thumb I am using for your answer may NOT apply in 1st or 2nd tier cities...but here in our 3rd tier city that has been the case.

LRai

Thanks LRai for the extensive answer and sharing your knowledge/experience in this matter. The intermedair ChineVisumOnline in the Netherlands offered me to arrange all paperwork within a 6 weeks timeframe...perhaps they have some inside contacts within the China consulate to speed up the process....no cure no pay so to say..... fingers crossed
kind regards,
M Prijden

WOW that is impressive...I'd love for someone to jump in and offer to do that for ALL the folks I try to hire...LOL  Good luck.

Hi,

I was hoping you guys could answer this for me.

I have sent my employer all the relevant documents and has just completed the online application from his end (Beijing). How long will that take to be approved so that he can send it to me?

Thanks!

Dear LilyBell:

It will depend...you just need to be patient.  If he has good relations with his government people then he can push on his end and it can be pretty quick.  However, if not he will need to wait.  If he has put all documents into the government and nothing is off, it should be ONLY 10 days for them to get you a letter of invite (LOI) which you will then have to take to your local Chinese embassy.  That embassy will already have the electronic copy but you need to bring your passport and that letter and your confirmation of having booked a flight to China.  (Be aware, you should not book your flight until you get that letter and you need to book that flight NO sooner than 10 days after you will go to the Embassy...(ie: you plan to go on the 1st, book your flight for the 11th, etc)

You will go to the embassy with your passport and letter and ticket and then you will go back to pick up your passport with your visa within 10 days.  Then you can come to China. 

One last thing...when you get here on your Z-working visa...don't come here to work if you DO NOT HAVE a Z-working visa...no other visa is valid for you to work...when you come your employer will need to convert the first visa (which is only good for 30 days) over to a 6 month, or 1 year visa.  Your employer will ONLY have 30 days in which to do this so it must be done asap.  When you arrive expect to have a physical exam which will start the next part of the process..., you have to register with the police asap (usually within 24 hours) and then the employer submits paperwork for you to get a Foreign Expert Card (class C or B, rarely A) and then you will need to go to another police department that handles the visa.  You will be without your passport for up to 3 weeks when they process the visa.  Be prepared...be patient, and be aware.  Good luck.