Car hire and hello

Good afternoon.

I'm coming over on 13th Feb 2019 on what might be considered a fact finding mission. I'm in Praia for 4 nights (5 days) and I'd welcome advice on car hire. It seems dreadfully difficult to make any sense of any car hire companies unless I wish to hire a car in Cape Town!

Thanks

Stuart

If you wish to rent a car while you are in Praia, simply ask to hire a car at the front desk of your hotel. There are usually rental cars available through the good hotels. Do not try to deal with local car rental companies directly. Several of them are crooks and will ask you for large up front deposits in cash, and you may not see that money again. You obviously will have no idea which rental companies are legitimate and which are crooked. The hotels deal with only the reputable car rental agencies that have a reputation to maintain.

Angelo

STUARTEX wrote:

Good afternoon.

I'm coming over on 13th Feb 2019 on what might be considered a fact finding mission. I'm in Praia for 4 nights (5 days) and I'd welcome advice on car hire. It seems dreadfully difficult to make any sense of any car hire companies unless I wish to hire a car in Cape Town!

Thanks

Stuart

Thank you so much Angelo

There's no real rush. I arrive at around 12:30 midnight so can sort the next day.

Can you also tell me, if you don't mind, where I might find something to eat and drink at the late hour? I guess I'm not going to be in town much before 1am

Thanks in advance

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

There is nothing open at that hour of the night. Most places close at 9-10 pm at the latest. If it is on a weekend (Friday, Saturday or even Sunday), you can go to one of the discotheques/clubs at Kebra Kanela and they may have light food like pizza or sandwiches.

Angelo

STUARTEX wrote:

Thank you so much Angelo

There's no real rush. I arrive at around 12:30 midnight so can sort the next day.

Can you also tell me, if you don't mind, where I might find something to eat and drink at the late hour? I guess I'm not going to be in town much before 1am

Thanks in advance

Stuart