Friend going to Saigon, any suggestions?

Hi,
I have a Canadian friend of mine going to Visit Saigon in February.

I am hoping I can get advice regards to places to stay, best food to eat, places to visit, transportatipn, etc.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking he will be coming for 1 month.

I would recommend using Air BNB. That way, you keep the room key and the AC can stay on all day if you wanted to. Hotels, you need to give them your passport and return the key every time you leave the bldg. Also guests are free to come and go.
Download the Grab app which is similar to Uber/Lyft. There's no more Uber there. You can pay with cash using the Grab app.

Thanks for the info

hi, you can book hotel on this web or app (the app: Traveloka) on your mobile phone

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : promoting freely other companies is not allowed, thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

Airbnb is much preferable than hotels, if you are in a budget yet comfortable and cozy atmosphere experience with the locals or other travellers is a unique experience.

For places to eat. If you like local food street and want to experience the authentic local food. here's the link that you can refer..

But the challenge here is the communication, since most of the food stall in local areas can't communicate in English, my recommendation is have a google translate that can help you on some of the basic words and google the background/description of the food then show the picture to the vendor., it's the best experience when you're not in a touristy places but rather experience be in local places 😉

Hope the above information helps you.

Moderated by Loïc 4 years ago
Reason : please do not use external links, thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you so much for this useful info