What is HIV1 and HIV2

Please help me understand what is HIV1 and HIV2 and if l was born with HIV and had been living with the virus for 29yrs l am healthy no other condition and l am not on medication can l work in Saudi Arabia

Hi ShayneE2175,

Welcome to Expat.Com

I'm afraid they won't let you work in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia : http://www.hivtravel.org/Default.aspx?P … ntryId=153

Regards,
Bhavna

Thank you for your reply cause l had been offered a job and my Visa is out and l am suppose to fly tmrw

There's an HIV testing on entry, that's where it gets complicated.

Thank you

HIV-1 and HIV-2 are two different viruses. HIV-1 is the main family of HIV and accounts for 95% of all infections worldwide. HIV-2 is mainly seen in a few West African countries. The spread in the rest of the world is negligible.  Although HIV-2 generally progresses more slowly than HIV-1, some HIV drugs do not work against HIV-2.

And what Bhavna said is correct, you will NOT be allowed to work in Saudi if you have HIV.   To get a residence permit, you will undergo a medical and if the test is positive, you will be deported and banned.  I would advise you to tell your employer immediately so that they are aware.  I am also surprised that they didn't make you do a medical test before issuing visa - unless they have issued you a business visa and not a work visa; in which case it is illegal to work on that visa.