General Query

Good day, My name is Laetitia

I live in South Africa and have been reading up on living in the Netherlands.

I find that I still have a few unanswered questions and would really appreciate any help or advice.

Questions:

1. Are there any companies that assist with helping foreign nationals immigrate to the Netherlands? If so please be as kind as to share their information.

2. What are the main living expenses? Break down if possible please.

3. I am the proud mom of a five year old daughter and education is a big concern for me, what are the schools like?

4. Adults have a three year period to complete the integration, what time frame would my child have?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

To try and answer your questions:

1.  What kind of "assistance" and "help" are you looking for?  If you mean to fill in the paperwork, yes, but it's not hard and you could do it yourself and save your money.  If you mean find you a job, a house, then no, that's all down to you.  If you have some specific questions, then please come back and ask us.  If you need help to go through the paperwork, this link will take you to the Dutch Government website that will help you through the process.
2.  Expenses - try using the Numbeo website; this link will take you there.
3.  In my experience, Dutch schools are on the whole pretty good.
4.  Integration doesn't really apply to kids; your daughter will be speaking Dutch in no time and she will be associating with Dutch kids from day one.  Integration is all part of contributing to Dutch society, living with your Dutch neighbours, participating in what's going on around you; more importantly, learning to speak, read and write Dutch.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team