Work permit application

Hello Everyone,

I have submitted my application for work permit to VFS, washington DC on 14th November 2018. Today when I tracked my application.

It says "Your processed passport is sent to the Norwegian Application center. Kindly wait for further updates to collect your processed passport from the application center- where you have originally submitted your application". What does this means ?

I have not received any email from Royal Norway Embassy, New York about receiving or processing my application for work permit.

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks!

It means that you have to kindly wait for further updates to collect your processed passport from the application center- where you have originally submitted your application

Thank you for your reply.

Today, In the evening I have received this email from VFS

We have received your passport back from the Embassy of Norway. You may pick it up from our office in Washington D.C between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.,  Monday - Friday. Please bring your receipt and a valid photo ID. If you authorize someone else to pick up your documents for you, in addition to your receipt, they will need a signed written authorization from you along with a copy of your ID.

I am worried processing time for work permit is 4 weeks. My application was processed in 6 days. This is fishy. This is way faster than expected

Do you know what can be the reason?

Thanks!

Nothing fishy about that. It just means that you are lucky enough to be processed quickly as all paperwork was okay.
The 4 weeks that they say is the longer time it could take. The average time would be sooner.

Hi,

Thank you for your reaponse.

I have just collected my passport from VFS office there is no entry visa on passport. One letter from norway embasy stating that

All applicants for residence permits will be processed by the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration in Oslo. We will contact you as soon as there is a decision in your case. Residence card will be issued in Norway upon arrival.

I thought they took my passport and will return it once they approved or denied my application for work permit.

Is that true, after my application is approved for residence  permit I have to again contact VFS for entry visa is this the case?

Regards,
Rahul Agrawal

Contact VFS for information.

Hello,

I applied through VFS Dubai for a work permit last December 16th. 3 days later I reveived the message saying my visa was processed and is gonna be delivered to me (I had asked for courrier services) I only received the passport back. I asked the Royal Norwegian Embassy and they said that it's a normal procedure, they don't send the passport to UDI. I have to wait for UDI's reply and once my application is processed I can then submit my passport again at the embassy to take the actual visa. On the same day I received am email from UDI saying that they received my application. I called UDI and they told me the processing time is 6 weeks and they would inform me by email of their decision.
On January 16th I received another email from UDI saying they didnt finish working on my visa yet but will do so as soon as possible. Since then I have been receiving the same email every week.
Last one was yesterday and it's been exactly 6 weeks now so I'm expecting the decision anytime soon...

Yes brother same thing happened with me In September but my permit got rejected. But I appealed and wait from last 2 months and didn't get any emails from UDI.

Sometimes UDI process is seems like unprofessional.

Hi Dude! (GuestPoster4711)
how are you have you got a final answer from UDI on your Work permit Application?

Yes after 3 month UDI reply and thay forward my case into UNE for final approval. Unfortunately as a electrical skilled workers you need to get approval from DSB before start prectice your profession in Norway..
I am electrical skilled worker and I am not aware about DSB which is the part of Norwegian government. But when my case was forwarded to UNE on the same time I applied for DSB approval after 3 month waiting I got my DSB approval and I also submitted it to UNE now I am waiting for decesion from UNE. May be it will come within few days.
Generally UNE processing your case with in 2 months but due to my special request thay grant me 1 more month to submit my DSB Approval. UNE is very good and giving quick response. You can submit your additional information or documents while your case is processed by UNE. Thay are also reply within 2 working day when thay submit your documents with your application.

If you need any information then let me know

I have recently submit my application to VFS Dubai,
but i dont think there is any special approval are required for Vehicle Mechanics,

I am not sure .. but you can check on their website www.nokut.no. if you have diploma education or any vocational education and having at least 2 years of prectical experience then you don't need to get approval. You can use your diploma in Norway without any approval. The other type of education must get approval from nokut.no like doctor graduate, nurse and so on. But you must check with givan website.

Keep in mind that UDI consider your application based on qualifications, experience,
Offered position, working hours, salary. Relavance (approval by authorities). Do not furget to attach UDI employment form because UDI examine your job description in employment form Which is filled by employers and decided weather your offered position is relavant to qualifications or you need to get approval or what.

The position you offered must relevant to the qualifications. You must have experience within same industry. Your salary must be comparebale with skilled workers in Norway in same industry. UDI can retrieve this information from NAV or tex office. Your working hours must be less than 40hr per week. You can also check overtime regulation online. Over time must be according to norwigian law

Hi Rahul,

What happened after this? Did you get the visa ?
I shall be applying from UK being an Indian national.
Kindly let me know what happened after this.

Thanks
Shruthi

Hi, I got approval to work as an electrician in Norway. I don't know what type of vise I should apply for and whether I should have a job offer letter or I can apply as a skilled worker needs additional courses in Norway. Please guide me regarding this Thanks

Shah e Room