Earth Shaking Question (Not)

Ok Expats,

Where I can I buy American style sour cream? I can't live without my baked potato with sour cream and butter. A close second I can't live with sour cream on my Taco's & Burritos . A far far distant third I can't live without sour cream & borscht. (Lots of luck on this one hahahaha)

In the states I bought Daisy Sour Creme. We shop at S&R, Landers & SM groceries in the mall.

Hello W9XR
I have not seen it, but try Rustans.  They have a lot of specialty /overseas products.  They are in Ayala Mall in Cebu but I don't kow about other places in the Philippines.  Sour cream and baked spuds,  yummmm.
regards  Bruce

This is not exactly the perfect answer, but a little yougurt or buttermilk a squirt of lemon juice and heavy cream a few hours and you will have sour cream...

I haven't seen Daisy brand sour cream. We use Nestle sour cream for baked potatoes, burritos and tacos. Available at Robinson's Supermarket. Flavor is decent. A bit runny compared to the sour cream we were used to in the US. There's probably  ways to thicken it. I haven't tried though.

For some things here I have reverted back to making them my self.  In some cases a lot cheaper and taste better.

I have not tried the recipe below, but may be worth a go, if you can get he cream.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/21524 … our-cream/