American English Conversation Club - Free - Muharraq

Hey folks!

I've noticed the low salaries for so many hard working women and I'd like to offer a free once a week get-together in my home so women can practice their English.

I will invite a group of maybe 5-7 women, and we will pick a topic each week, such as grocery shopping or a job interview and we will role-play these conversations each week.

Maybe an hour or two? 

This isn't actually structured lessons, although I do teach English as well.   

I'm currently living in Muharraq. I'm new to Bahrain. I came here from America a few months ago. I'm self-employed and I teach English to children and adults -- but this conversation club would be free, of course. I have both CELTA from Cambridge University and TEFL as well as other qualifications.

Is there anyone that would be interested in participating?
WOMEN only :)

Thanks

I would suggest you post this on Mums in Bahrain facebook page for a better response

T&R

Thank you, yes. I'm planning on posting in more areas. I'm also considering flyers but I'm afraid if the response is too much, I don't want to have to turn anyone away.

Well.. that was fast. Once I posted on Facebook I had to almost immediately delete the post. I instantly got 8 women who will now potentially be coming each week to learn English.

Congratulations, if you ever need any help let me know I'm British/Scottish

*Edit* Deleted

CarenKhan wrote:

Congratulations, if you ever need any help let me know I'm British/Scottish

Thanks! that'll be great. I'm already considering opening a second night because the first night filled so fast. I want to see how it goes and then make plans to open more.

hello and welcome to our small island, really really thank you for this , most of our ladies here in Bahrain do need to improve ( some learn ) their English, so thank you so much .

I'm going to open Monday nights in December as well. inshaAllah
Thursday nights will be 10 women now. I don't want to tell anyone 'no.' 
They will have to bring their own cushions to sit on though. I just moved here and have no furniture. InshaAllah I'll get it soon. But the floor will be fine for now :)
I have my computer and that's what matters so I can print their worksheets. and modules from the books. I will be using the 'New Cutting Edge' curriculum from Pearson Longman. I've given all women the placement test to determine their level, and inshaAllah it helps them :)

Dear  colleague,
I'd like to thank you so much for such sincere efforts, May Allah bless you. I also plan to do the same but with brothers as soon as possible in shaa Allah.
wish you the best luck,
Ismail