Houses in Vung Tau

I've recently arrived in Vung Tau and looking for a house to rent. Been riding around town and haven't seen any. Everything looks like apartments with common walls. I move from Mui Ne and had a house above the town with a gate, security cameras, chickens, area for a garden. Haven't seen anything like that here. Are there houses like this in Vung Tau? I just would like a simple one-bedroom place with an area for a Vegey garden, not a villa with a pool.
Thank you in advance.

You need to go out of town to find that. You may find it in town, but not so easy.

Hello mlpooley,

Welcome to Expat.com,

Try to have a look at the Housing in Vung Tau section. There may be something that might interest you in your research.

Alexia
Expat.com Team

Thank you I have looked in there and they have apartments and villas and houses are 3-4 bdrm places. Looking for a 1 bdrm place. I usually post an ad and they find me. I have to be patient and continue to search in hopes of finding a place. For the meantime time, I'll rent an apartment, better than hotels and cheaper in the long run plus I don't have to move every so days. Thank for the suggestion I will continue to look on that site as well with anything else I can find with housing ads.
Appreciated truly
Michael

After reading your profile I think wards Thang Nhat,10,11 and 12 will be the areas suitable for you. You will need a local to help you find a rental place in those areas as most brokers just rent in the city area.

Yes out of town. I've ridden around but It always leads back to town. Where do I go to find these houses? I usually post an ad looking for something and they find me. The ones that don't want to post ads themselves and receive many phone calls that don't get their house rented so they look for people looking for what they have. I hope, someone will find me. But in the meanwhile, I need to know what and where the area is that I can live and feel at home.

@colinoscapee is referring to wards 10, 11, 12
In Google maps, copy and paste this to search:
Phường 12, Vũng Tàu, Ba Ria - Vung Tau, Vietnam
Phường 11, Vũng Tàu, Ba Ria - Vung Tau, Vietnam

(Phường 10 doesn't seem to work reliably, a bug in the google map, but you get the idea)

gobot wrote:

@colinoscapee is referring to wards 10, 11, 12
In Google maps, copy and paste this to search:
Phường 10, Vũng Tàu, Ba Ria - Vung Tau, Vietnam

For those areas he will need a local, they wont be finding him. These areas have few expats and English speakers.