Good Real Estate Agent Around Vung Tau & Mui Ne for permanent rentals

again, guys (you know that is a generic honorific, don't you? :-)

given what I recently read here about sleazy Agents, who do you know in these areas who actually is decent to deal with (and you don't lose fingers (or money) every time you shake hands :-)

many thanks

mac

We see the agents that post here, the vast majority are spammers and scammers that are clearly the products of an unmarried mummy and daddy.
There may be some honest ones out there but my inclination is to suggest finding direct rentals rather than use an agent.

Quite a few more are Oedipun in nature so, ladies and gentlemen of this section, can you suggest any places to find direct rentals?

subtle (and mispelt?) :-) misspelt (not deliberate)

I only know a few decent agents in VT, most of them are just snake oil salesmen. Send me a PM and I will give you their contact info.

I don't know any agent, but I know a high quality small building in VT.  I'm not the owner nor do I receive any commission for referral, just want to help the selective owners to find some selective long term tenants.  PM me and I'll give you the owners' info so you can contact them directly.

Ciambella wrote:

I don't know any agent, but I know a high quality small building in VT.  I'm not the owner nor do I receive any commission for referral, just want to help the selective owners to find some selective long term tenants.  PM me and I'll give you the owners' info so you can contact them directly.

Are you really going to do that again?

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast."
~ Alexander Pope

"Remember what happened the last time THOSE PEOPLE rented next door?"
~ Archie Bunker

:D

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Are you really going to do that again?

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast."
~ Alexander Pope

"Remember what happened the last time THOSE PEOPLE rented next door?"
~ Archie Bunker

:D

LOL.  Am I naive in thinking that not every expat neighbour is from Hell?  The OP is Australian, so maybe he's not as bad as the last one from Northern Hemisphere.

nice, guys. :-(

maybe, but hey ... :-)

as long as you don't mind the rock band practice after we finish a gig.
I mean, like, really, not for long.

and if VN men can piss in the street, surely I can do it out the window. just saying.

anyway, I bet I cook better than all of you. :-)

probably drink more too. :-(
but that might change if I get to de-stress.

how about a blues band bistro?

seriously though, Ciambella, I am the neighbour you really, really, want, especially if something needs fixing. :-) and I am bringing (some of) my tools. $5 (sorry in-house joke :-))

PS everyone in the Southern hemisphere is better. ok, not quite true, look at our politicians.

kindest

don

There are a number of listings for VT in the Housing section on this very site:

https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/vietnam/vung-tau/

There are listings on Facebook if you use that.

Generally though, the best thing to do is show up, check into a small hotel, then network and use word-of-mouth, look at a bunch of different places and take your time choosing the best one.

Vung Tau has a huge surplus of accommodation of various types.

thanks john. that is general plan. as tempting as something might look, it seems best to wait til we get there.

kind regards
mac