'The Song' Vung Tau

I noticed a rather large new development called The Song has sprung up in Vung Tau. On the surface it looks nice and modern, but a lot of the Airbnb reviews are quite negative. Does anyone live here and can shed some light, or have any ideas about rental prices?

Thanks.

Hello departed00,

Please note that your thread is now on the Vung Tau forum. 1f60a.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

I rode by there yesterday and had a look. Yes, it looks quite nice and well constructed from the outside However, that whole area is in the process of over-development with this project squeezed into the middle of several similar high-rises

You'd probably have to deal with a lot of traffic, noise/karaoke, a view of the neighboring buildings, etc. if you chose to live there.

Other than being very close to Back Beach, not sure what the advantage would be.

What are people complaining about in the reviews?

Anywayz, there seems to be a nearly endless range of choices in town.

I noticed a rather large new development called The Song has sprung up in Vung Tau. On the surface it looks nice and modern, but a lot of the Airbnb reviews are quite negative. Does anyone live here and can shed some light, or have any ideas about rental prices?
Thanks.
-@departed00

Here you go.

https://m.batdongsan.com.vn/cho-thue-ca … u-the-song

I have been told you can listen to boom boom in the next apartment. Thin walls.

@Safepeter that's annoying-seems to be an issue in almost all the apartments here. I live in a 3 year old Novaland tower now and i can hear my neighbours  on both sides talking, cooking, sneezing et al all very clearly!

@Safepeter that's annoying-seems to be an issue in almost all the apartments here. I live in a 3 year old Novaland tower now and i can hear my neighbours on both sides talking, cooking, sneezing et al all very clearly!
-@departed00

Single skin of brickwork is the reason.

Very quiet apartments in VT where Ciambella and I used to live.

However, most foreigners are not willing to pay ₫10 million to ₫12 million for a two bedroom apartment without a seaview.

@OceanBeach92107 Two houses behind me have chook pens on their flat roofs. It's false that a rooster only crows at sunrise unless they see the sun coming up at 2:30 am. Then the competition begins!

I've stayed at this apartment for many years, on and off. The chooks are a new addition, and the rent has gone from 8m to 10.5m. We are moving to a new apartment next weekend.

Weekends in Vung Tau are crazy. Visitors arrive during the week on motorbikes and by coach loads at weekends.

Apartments I watched getting built pre covid are now getting trashed. Two-bedroom, two-bathroom apartments listed for 10-14m now have four queen-size beds.

However, most foreigners are not willing to pay ₫10 million to ₫12 million for a two bedroom apartment without a seaview.
-@OceanBeach92107

Okay, I have to ask.

Was it just for the quietness that you were willing to pay so much?

Seems a hefty price for a 2 bdrm apt.

@colinoscapee Yes i thought as much. No blocks/air-gap just one layer of bricks then plaster and that's it.

-@OceanBeach92107

Okay, I have to ask.
Was it just for the quietness that you were willing to pay so much?
Seems a hefty price for a 2 bdrm apt.
-@Aidan in HCMC

there were a number of factors. it's a very new building, only about 4 years old. a 6 story apartment building with only six apartments. each floor was an entire, fully-equipped two-bedroom, 2-bath apartment. landlords were refusing to rent to Vietnamese people other than their aunt Ciambella, so we didn't have a lot of the noises and smells that you get in a lot of other apartment buildings when certain foods are being cooked or when karaoke is at full tilt. High security.

also, that part of the street (Phan Chu Trinh) was not in the heart of the expat ghetto and and easy walk to the beach. With Ciambella and her husband as neighbors upstairs, and her nephew and niece treating me as a member of the family, it seemed reasonable compared to other places I've looked at and compared.

It worked well for me, and I don't regret any money spent there.

We are definitely happy to be paying less on a longer lease here in Cẩm Thanh.

@OceanBeach92107 Two houses behind me have chook pens on their flat roofs. It's false that a rooster only crows at sunrise unless they see the sun coming up at 2:30 am. Then the competition begins!
-@Safepeter

Ha ha! When I visited my dad few years ago in District 11, there was a rooster that would crow all time of the day. I would visit him in the late morning, early afternoon and it would crow constantly. I guess people would get use to it.

I guess people would get use to it.
-@qnbui

Never!

I guess people would get use to it.
-@qnbui
Never!
-@SteinNebraska

We had a Rooster in the alley at our back door in Phu Nhuan, It would ALWAYS make it's racket at mid-day sleep time along with every morning from before sunrise, For 12 months it never shut up and we never got used to it.

Many times I sat in the kitchen Viber/zalo video talking back to Australia/UK with it on camera me showing what the noise was, You wouldn't believe how many times I was told to cut its head off and chuck it in a pot, I was tempted but it won its owner a heap of money every week. 1f602.svg

Same here in Phu Quoc. They all act like gangland bosses, defending their territory.

I hear them screaming insults at each other all day/night.

"FFFF youuuu!"

"No, FFF you!!!"

"No! FFF you!"

Then, from a distance, you hear

"FFF the both of youuuuu!"

Where i'm living now at The Sun Avenue in HCM (a newer Novaland project) any patch of land at the front seems to have 2 or 3 roosters on it. It's incredibly irritating especially as i work at home and they go off constantly throughout the day. 

I went down to talk to the guy who sits there most of the day selling stuff from his cart. He said 'this my land, that your land' pointing back at the apartments. A few others came over who looked pretty rough, so i walked away as they looked like they wanted to start some sort of cock fight themselves...

i walked away as they looked like they wanted to start some sort of cock fight themselves...
-@departed00

That is the only redeeming factor.  I have watched a lot of cock fights in hometown and it's my tiny internal revenge seeing them duke it out after having to listen to them crow.

Of course I know if we have chicken Saturday night my BIL's cock lost...

@Safepeter Nothing wrong with boom-boom :D